Creating a new IT ecosystem for General Practice
NHS Digital launches engagement opportunity for supplier community.
NHS Digital is taking the next step to create a more open, flexible and competitive IT framework for primary care.
A Prior Information Notice has been published to launch market engagement activities for the new Digital Care Services framework.
This new framework will replace the outgoing GP Systems of Choice framework and enable the purchase of systems and services in a more dynamic market.
NHS Digital is seeking to engage with supplier market to transform IT within general practice and unlock wider benefits for the whole care system.
Services provided under the new Digital Care Service Framework will include clinical management solutions to support:
- business continuity in general practice;
- new ways of working in general practice;
- integrated and federated care, and
- cross-organisational working.
The new framework will extend support to providers beyond traditional GP practices to emerging new models of care including; GP federations, primary care networks, community and mental health and integrated care organisations.
“This is a step-change towards ensuring the continued relevance and resilience of primary care IT systems to meet evolving NHS needs,” explained Martin Warden, Director of the Digital Transformation in General Practice programme at NHS Digital, which is delivering this initiative.
“The new framework will improve access to GP data for patients and the NHS, as well as enabling digitised workflows in and between care settings to support better patient care. It will make it simpler to bring new capabilities and suppliers to market; and provide local organisations and other buyers with more choice through an online catalogue service.”
Follow us on Twitter: @NHSDigital
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology partner of the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2017/18 financial year, NHS Digital published 275 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- Any organisations interested in responding to the Prior Information Notice should visit the Bravo Solutions e-tendering portal. Once registered, they will be directed to a Confluence site where all relevant material will be published.
- For media enquiries please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
Latest hospital admission data published16/09/2021 14:05:00
NHS Digital has today published figures on the number of NHS hospital admissions for 2020-21.
New figures showing safeguarding of vulnerable adults in 2020-21 are published16/09/2021 13:05:00
The latest statistics on safeguarding concerns reported to local authorities in England have been published today by NHS Digital.
Schools asked to support survey on Smoking Drinking and Drug Use among young people in England31/08/2021 16:15:00
NHS Digital is calling on selected secondary schools across England to take part in a statistical survey that will measure the use of alcohol, nicotine and drugs in young people.
Dental and GP earnings data published20/08/2021 16:15:00
Annual statistics on the earnings and expenses of GPs and dentists were yesterday published by NHS Digital.
Latest statistics on use of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in England are published19/08/2021 15:15:15
The latest figures on applications to legally deprive a person of their liberty, where that person lacks the mental capacity to consent to their care or treatment, have been published by NHS Digital today.
NHS Digital receive approval for the pathology information standards19/08/2021 12:15:00
NHS Digital has received approval from the Data Alliance Partnership Board (DAPB) for a new set of pathology information standards.
Digital revolution in social care to bring £127m of future improvements13/08/2021 09:15:00
Our Social Care Programme funded new ways of working which will ultimately reduce hospital admissions and GP visits, as well as improve quality of life. This revolution in digital technology is expected to lead to £127m worth of benefits.
Pete Rose Obituary11/08/2021 10:15:00
NHS Digital’s Deputy Chief Executive, Pete Rose, passed away on 1 August 2021.