Develop advanced materials with South Korea: apply for funding
Businesses can apply for a share of £2 million to develop innovative projects in collaboration with South Korean businesses.
In a bid to encourage international partnerships, £2 million is available through Innovate UK and the Korean Institute for the Advancement of Technology (KIAT) for organisations to develop game-changing and disruptive research in advanced materials and the Internet of Things (IoT).
The funding competition is under the EUREKA network.
The competition aims to encourage collaborative, business-led research and development projects with a clear direction towards a new product, industrial process or service.
Projects must focus on one or both of the following:
- advanced materials for transport, prioritising materials development
- the Internet of Things, with an identified industry or vertical sector application
Proposals must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing or disruptive innovation
- considerable benefit to the UK and South Korean economies and/or national productivity
- definition of where intellectual property can be used and shared between participants and countries
- a route to market within 2 to 3 years of project completion
Businesses must lead the project. Research and public sector organisations and charities can be partners on the project but cannot lead in the UK. They can share up to 30% of total eligible UK project costs but are not eligible to receive funding.
Partners must be separate legal and non-linked entities to ensure that projects encourage genuine international collaboration, rather than internal company research.
Guidance for South Korea will appear on the KIAT website.
- the competition opens on 18 March 2018 and the deadline for registration is at midday on 5 June 2019
- businesses of any size are eligible to apply
- up to £350,000 including VAT is available
- projects must include one UK-based business and one South Korean-based business
- an online briefing event will be held on 8 April 2019
Latest News from
Creating the 5G network: apply for funding19/03/2019 14:10:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £1 million for international partnerships that will help develop 5G internet connectivity.
Combating food shortages: apply for funding19/03/2019 11:20:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £3 million to help develop agricultural and food systems in collaboration with African partners.
World-leading UK aerospace designs: get funding for projects19/03/2019 09:10:00
New ideas sought for projects that could transform the aerospace industry through smart, energy-efficient technologies.
Collaborate in a business-academic partnership: apply for funding15/03/2019 09:10:00
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership can help UK businesses collaborate with a university, research organisation or highly qualified graduate.
9 women innovators get government backing for inventions with global potential08/03/2019 16:10:00
Pioneering female inventors have been awarded funding and business support to develop and grow their business.
Women in Innovation: 9 female-led businesses backed08/03/2019 15:47:00
Innovate UK has awarded funding and support to 9 of the UK’s most innovative female-led businesses, as part of its campaign to boost diversity in innovation.
Better, faster, more personalised asthma treatment27/02/2019 09:10:00
3 projects funded through a collaboration between Innovate UK and Asthma UK will help ensure asthma patients receive better treatment.
Designing new mobility traffic systems: Apply for funding26/02/2019 12:25:00
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £250,000 to develop a traffic management system that can integrate and interact with new transport technologies.