10 Downing Street
Draft Withdrawal Agreement and Outline Political Declaration
Find out how we've made decisive progress delivering Brexit.
This deal delivers on the referendum:
- It takes back control of our borders and ends free movement
- It takes back control of our money so we can spend it on our priorities, like our long-term plan for the NHS
- It takes back control of our laws ending the jurisdiction of the CJEU, coming out of the Common Agricultural Policy and out of the Common Fisheries Policy
- It maintains jobs, security and the integrity of our precious United Kingdom
What are the main features of the Draft Withdrawal Agreement?
- Citizens’ rights protected
- Implementation period until 2020
- A fair financial settlement
- A UK-wide temporary customs backstop
- A robust dispute settlement mechanism, including independent arbitration
- Agreements on Gibraltar and Cyprus
What does the Outline Political Declaration aim to do?
- Ending free movement
- Visa-free travel for tourists and short-term business visits
- A free trade area for goods with zero tariffs
- Fair and open competition
- Leaving the Common Agricultural Policy
- Leaving the Common Fisheries Policy
- Ambitious arrangements for trade in services, alongside new arrangements on financial services
- Close relationship on foreign policy and defence
- Cooperation on tackling crime and terrorism, to keep people safe
- New and specific arrangements on digital
- Market access for freight and passenger road transport
- Comprehensive Air Transport Agreement
- Efficient electricity and gas trade
Information about EU Exit including the article 50 process, negotiations, and announcements about policy changes as a result of EU Exit
Latest News from
10 Downing Street
PM meeting with the Prime Minister of Malta: 11 February 201912/02/2019 16:20:00
Prime Minister Theresa May met Prime Minister Muscat at Downing Street.
PM's statement to the House of Commons on Brexit: 12 February 201912/02/2019 13:42:00
Prime Minister Theresa May gave a statement to the House of Commons on Brexit.
Joint statement on behalf of the Prime Minister and President Juncker07/02/2019 16:51:00
Prime Minister Theresa May met President Juncker in Brussels.
UK to host NATO 70th anniversary meeting07/02/2019 11:20:00
Prime Minister Theresa May's statement given yesterday on the UK hosting the NATO 70th anniversary meeting.
PM speech in Belfast: 5 February 201906/02/2019 12:20:00
Prime Minister Theresa May yesterday gave a speech in Belfast.
Council of Local Enterprise Partnership Chairs meeting: 31 January 201901/02/2019 13:20:00
Prime Minister Theresa May yesterday chaired the second meeting of the Council of Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Chairs at Downing Street.
Readout from PM Business Council: 30 January 201931/01/2019 16:20:00
PM Theresa May hosted the first meeting of her Industrial, Manufacturing and Infrastructure Business Council at Downing Street.
PM statement to the House of Commons: 29 January 201930/01/2019 13:20:00
Prime Minister Theresa May yesterday made a statement to the House of Commons.