EBA Final Guidance on Security Incident Reporting
The European Banking Authority (EBA) has published the Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under the new Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
The Guidelines were developed in close cooperation with the European Central Bank (ECB), are addressed to all payment services providers and competent authorities in the 28 EU Member States, and contribute to the objective of the PSD2 of minimizing disruption to users, payment service providers and payment systems.
- set out the criteria, thresholds and methodology for identifying a major security incident;
- determine when such an incident must be notified to the competent authority in the home Member State;
- provide the template that payment service providers should use for notification;
- set out reports which must be sent during the incident;
- establish a set of criteria for competent authorities to use when assessing the relevance of a major operational or security incident;
- detail the minimum information that competent authorities should share with other domestic authorities.
The Guidelines will apply from 13 January 2018.
Latest News from
techUK sets out key asks ahead of Budget20/11/2017 16:10:00
Chancellor must use budget to put in place the foundations for the future economy says CEO, Julian David.
The Connected Home: A View of the UK Market and Future Trends16/11/2017 11:25:00
techUK report identifies trends in that understanding and uptake of connected home technologies and services.
Government Commits To Doubling Exceptional Talent Visas15/11/2017 17:11:00
Tech industry welcomes announcement but suggests more needs to be done to ensure businesses are able to react quickly to their customers' needs and attract the best.
Health & Social Care Newsletter | Your Vote Counts: Health & Social Care Council13/11/2017 15:25:00
techUK's Health and Social Care Programme update for the month of November.