EBA Final Guidance on Security Incident Reporting
The European Banking Authority (EBA) has published the Final Guidelines on major incident reporting under the new Payment Services Directive (PSD2).
The Guidelines were developed in close cooperation with the European Central Bank (ECB), are addressed to all payment services providers and competent authorities in the 28 EU Member States, and contribute to the objective of the PSD2 of minimizing disruption to users, payment service providers and payment systems.
- set out the criteria, thresholds and methodology for identifying a major security incident;
- determine when such an incident must be notified to the competent authority in the home Member State;
- provide the template that payment service providers should use for notification;
- set out reports which must be sent during the incident;
- establish a set of criteria for competent authorities to use when assessing the relevance of a major operational or security incident;
- detail the minimum information that competent authorities should share with other domestic authorities.
The Guidelines will apply from 13 January 2018.
Latest News from
City AM & Bird & Bird | Digital Innovators Network20/09/2017 12:15:00
City AM and Bird & Bird's Digital Innovators Power List will celebrate and showcase 50 of the UK's most innovative digitally-led companies.
Sir Michael Fallon’s Address to DSEI – techUK View19/09/2017 15:43:00
techUK assesses the Secretary of State's speech on technology deployment and future procurement.
#techUKPS2030: The Future of Policing & Public Safety18/09/2017 16:15:00
A summary of the Digital Policing and Public Safety panel at PS2030, sponsored by InterSystems.
Data Protection Bill Begins its Journey in House of Lords15/09/2017 14:25:00
The path to implementing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) into UK law has begun.