Association for Project Management
Entries open for APM’s Festival of Education and Research Awards
Association for Project Management (APM), has announced that entries for its Festival of Education and Research Awards are now open. The event which takes place at the Whitworth Hall at the University of Manchester on Wednesday 21 October 2020 will showcase some of the best and brightest new talent among career starters, education and research. Awards at the event will be made across eight different categories.
The event, which is free to attend, will feature a careers fair, giving attendees the chance to meet employers face to face. There will also be opportunities to join in interactive sessions led by academics and project professionals allowing attendees to develop and enhance their skills and capabilities through a series of workshops, followed by the main awards ceremony. The event is aimed at a broad audience, from project management students and career starters to academics and researchers.
Awards for the Festival of Education and Research will be presented in the following eight categories:
- Project Management Apprentice of the Year – This category aims to recognise excellence in a higher or degree Apprentice undertaking a project management standard within the UK
- Project Management Graduate of the Year – This category recognises excellence in achievement for someone who has completed a degree in project management.
- Project Management Student of the Year – This award will be judged as part of the final of an APM Branch competition.
- Geoffrey Trimble Award for Project Management Postgraduate of the Year – This award is open to entrants from all sectors involved in Master’s level study. It recognises the best Master’s post- graduate dissertation in a project management related subject submitted for consideration during the year.
- Herbert Walton Award for Project Management PhD or Doctoral of the Year (including professional doctorates) – This award recognises an excellent PhD thesis in a project management related subject awarded during the year.
- Research Paper of the Year – This award celebrates nominees who have advanced the theory, knowledge and practice of project management through a published academic paper in the last calendar year.
- Developmental Programme of the Year – This category aims to recognise excellence in the delivery and outcomes/benefits of project management developmental programmes or schemes. This may include (but is not limited to) graduate schemes, apprenticeship schemes and career development pathways.
- Project Management Lecturer of the Year – This award recognises academics whose innovation and passion have transformed a course and inspired students. Entries will be accepted from institutions, academics themselves or their colleagues, but in all cases the institution must support the submission and student testimonies must be included in the supplementary documentation.
Hilary Trahair, Events Manager at APM said: “We look forward to welcoming submissions to the awards, each which shine a light on our commitment to celebrating the crucial role of education and research in developing the project profession.”
Award submissions can be made between 2 March and will close on 4 May 2020. Each award category will be decided individually by a panel of judges, and award finalists will be announced in late June.
Details of the award entry process and to register your interest in attending the event are available here.
Latest News from
Association for Project Management
Basic knowledge of contract law is essential for an effective project manager16/04/2021 10:15:00
Blog posted by: Sarah Schütte, 15 Apr 2021.
When communicating, emotions count for more than logic15/04/2021 16:10:00
Blog posted by: Natalia Alvarez, 14 Apr 2021.
Factors influencing critical project decisions15/04/2021 11:20:00
A new research report, sponsored by APM, sheds light on how critical project decisions are made and their impact on project success.
Artificial intelligence for project lessons learnt13/04/2021 11:15:00
Blog posted by: Ronald Dyer, 13 Apr 2021.
Small, lean, part-time – how Rewilding Britain tackles grassroots projects12/04/2021 15:20:00
Blog posted by: Dave Waller, 12 Apr 2021.
APM Project Management Awards 2021 – Open for entry!12/04/2021 13:20:00
With an exciting new category line-up in place, we’re pleased to announce that the Association for Project Management (APM) Awards 2021, sponsored by RPC UK Ltd, are now open for entry!
Improving equality, diversity and inclusion of the LGBTQ+ community09/04/2021 16:20:00
Blog posted by: Job Tierney, 09 Apr 2021.
Managing biases that affect project decision-making09/04/2021 10:20:00
Blog posted by: David Craik, 08 Apr 2021.