Excellence awards will recognise ‘above and beyond’ support to NHS
An awards event has been launched that will honour suppliers who have helped the NHS deliver great patient care.
The NHS in the North Excellence in Supply Awards 2021 will celebrate the development of inspirational collaborations between the health service and its suppliers across the north of England – many prompted by the fight against COVID-19.
The NHS in the North Excellence in Supply Awards are hosted by the NHS Northern Customer Board and the Innovation Agency. They are sponsored by the Innovation Agency, Health Innovation Manchester, Yorkshire and Humber Academic Health Science Network and the Academic Health Science Network North East and North Cumbria.
In 2020 projects including virtual visits, a suicide prevention campaign and companies that stepped up production of vital PPE during the early days of the pandemic were among those highlighted.
This year applications are being welcomed for categories that will showcase how businesses, universities, third sector organisations and the NHS have collaborated to improve patient care and support health and care employees.
Mick Guymer, Chair of the NHS Northern Customer Board, yesterday said.
“The NHS in the North Excellence in Supply Awards 2021 are our opportunity to recognise and celebrate some of the pioneering collaborations between suppliers and the NHS which are having a real impact on the quality of patient care across the North.”
Dr Phil Jennings, Chief Executive of the Innovation Agency, yesterday said:
“The ability to form practical collaborations has rarely been more important. For patient and staff welfare as well as the good of the economy, we are delighted that relationships across the North West Coast continue to flourish.”
The winners of this year’s three NHS categories will go forward to the Health Care Supplies Association awards event in November.
Categories in 2021 are:
- Innovation Award – to recognise a company where innovation has been used to improve a product, process or service to transform or enhance patient care and improved efficiency within northern NHS trusts.
- Patient Experience Award – whether based in a hospital or the community, recognition for a supplier who has provided goods or services that have enhanced the patient experience.
- Small Business Award – to mark a small or medium-sized enterprise that has successfully developed a product while also making a significant contribution to the trusts they supply.
- Support Services Award – an award aimed at companies whose work provides support to the NHS to help maintain the quality of service.
- Sustainable Development Award – recognising initiatives that have been developed to minimise the impact on the environment. This could include reduced carbon emissions, packaging or energy.
- NHS Procurement Outstanding Contribution – an opportunity for Heads of Procurement to nominate an individual from their team who displays ongoing and exceptional growth in contribution to their organisation.
- NHS Champion in Support of Procurement – an opportunity to nominate a team or individual who has gone the extra mile to work collaboratively with procurement departments.
- NHS Procurement Transformation Award – recognition of a procurement team who have introduced a new innovation project into their trust, resulting in significantly improved patient outcomes and supplier relationships.
The closing date for nominations is 4 June. Judging will take place over the summer with the winners announced at a virtual event to be held on Thursday 16 September.
For more information and to enter: https://www.innovationagencynwc.nhs.uk/excellence-in-supply-awards-2021
Latest News from
Support programme raises £21million for businesses20/07/2021 09:10:00
LCR Health Matters, a Liverpool-based health-tech business support programme, has helped to raise more than £21 million for life sciences businesses across Liverpool City Region.
Two nominations for innovative Merseyside asthma clinic29/06/2021 12:25:00
The Innovation Agency is delighted to announce that a project it has supported has been shortlisted in two categories at this year’s HSJ Patient Safety Awards.
Funding for three Liverpool health projects14/06/2021 12:25:00
Three Liverpool project bids backed by the Innovation Agency have won funding to help integrate innovative health products into everyday practice.
Kendal Heart Roadshow Success01/06/2021 12:25:00
The sun shone and dozens turned out to take up an opportunity to learn more about health and wellbeing at an event in south Cumbria supported by the Innovation Agency.
Excellence in Supply Awards keynote speaker named21/05/2021 09:10:00
Sir James Mackey has been confirmed as keynote speaker at the NHS in the North Excellence in Supply Awards hosted by the NHS Northern Customer Board and the Innovation Agency.
Tech breakthrough helps Lancs patients find their voice20/05/2021 10:15:00
A World Cup penalty shoot-out prompted a breakthrough in the care of patients in Lancashire who have lost the ability to speak.