FSCS declared 11 firms in default in March
Regular notice that consumers could be in line for compensation
People who have dealt with any of the 11 firms listed below, and believe they are owed money as a result, can now make a claim to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects money held in bank, building society and credit union accounts. It also protects pensions, insurance, investments, mortgage advice and arranging, and debt management.
Fiona Kidy, FSCS’s Chief Financial Officer, yesterday said:
“FSCS is here to protect consumers across the UK and to contribute to financial stability. We are reaching out to consumers to let them know that compensation may be available if they have suffered losses due to a failed financial services firm.
“We are a free and independent service. Customers can claim directly with FSCS and we are proud of the efficient and easy-to-use service we offer.”
FSCS began in 2001 and since then has helped 5.5m people.
By claiming directly through us, you pay no fees, and get 100 per cent of the compensation. Visit https://claims.fscs.org.uk/ if you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms.
You can also contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com.
For the latest FSCS news and information visit www.fscs.org.uk or follow @FSCS on Twitter.
Declarations by FSCS from 1 to 31 March 2021 (11 firms)
- Active Finance (Scotland) Limited (FRN 609259), 14 Parkhouse Street, Ayr, Ayrshire KA7 2HH
- Bartholomew Hawkins Limited, trading as (T/A) Turris Porta Wealth Management Limited (FRN 489590), 5 Oak Tree Court, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF23 8RS
- Blakemore Wealth Management Limited (FRN 581179), Langley House, Langley Road, Lower Penn, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV4 4XX
- British Credit Trust Holdings Limited (FRN 312122), New Salisbury House, Slough, Berkshire SL1 1NA
- Crossbrook Insurance Brokers Limited (FRN 565493), 19 Turners Hill, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire EN8 8NJ
- DK Consulting (Berkshire) Limited, formerly Plan65 Limited, T/A Davidson Rae Financial Management (FRN 573597), James Cowper Kreston, 8th Floor South, Reading Bridge House, George Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 8LS
- Estate Matters Financial Limited, T/A Pension Matters (FRN 472900), The Axis Building, Maingate, Kingsway North, Team Valley Trading Estate, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE11 0JH
- Hyde Financial Management Limited, formerly Imperial Wealth Management Limited (FRN 501271), Unit B, Upper Boat Trading Estate, Pontypridd, Mid-Glamorgan CF37 5BP
- Mansion Park Limited, T/A Mansion Park Scotland, T/A David Head MPL, T/A Michael J Alexander (FRN 209313), Tournament House, 4 Tournament Way, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Leicestershire LE65 2UU
- Pentagon (UK) Limited, T/A MoneySaveSolutions.com, Eurodebt Financial Services (FRN 308066), 7 Franklin Court, Stannard Way, Priory Business Park, Bedford, Bedfordshire MK44 3JZ
- Solicitors Financial Services (Central Scotland) Limited, T/A Equity Financial Services (FRN 232377), 38 Alloa Business Centre, The Whins, Alloa, Clackmannanshire FK10 3SA
James Tweed, tel. 020 7375 8646
Notes for Editors
Read more about the remit of FSCS on our Notes for editors page.
Latest News from
Gefion Insurance A/S has failed08/06/2021 10:25:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared that Gefion Insurance A/S (“Gefion”) failed 7 June 2021.
How much is your annual 'peace of mind' bill?24/05/2021 10:25:00
Is there such a thing as insuring your insurance? And if there is, how much would it cost for that financial peace of mind? You may be surprised to learn that the answer is actually…nothing.
FSCS welcomes big step forward in preventing phoenixing18/05/2021 14:10:00
FSCS provides statement on the FCA’s new consultation paper aimed at tackling phoenixing.
FSCS confirms latest 2021/22 levy forecast of £833m14/05/2021 10:25:00
FSCS yesterday published its latest Outlook report, which confirms its updated levy forecast for 2021/22.
The worrying rise in online financial scams13/05/2021 10:20:00
Every claim we pay represents a consumer that has suffered and preventing consumer harm is something we are passionate about at FSCS. I would like to give an update on what we are doing to tackle a growing and particularly toxic threat to consumers: scams.
Reflections as I enter my second (and final) term as Chair06/05/2021 14:10:00
As Marshall Bailey has been confirmed by HM Treasury and the Bank of England for a second term as FSCS Chair, he shares with us the achievements he's most proud of from his first three years with FSCS.
One in five retirees have considered riskier products due to low interest environment28/04/2021 14:10:00
With retirees considering riskier investments, FSCS highlights its investment protection explainer video and new Pension Protection Checker tool to guide consumers on how to check if their products are FSCS protected.
Finding the needle in the haystack26/04/2021 14:10:00
Over the coming year, we're expecting the rise in complex pension advice claims to continue, and more self-invested personal pension (SIPP) operators to fail.