FSCS declared 13 firms in default in November and December 2020
Regular notice that consumers could be in line for compensation.
People who have dealt with any of the 13 firms listed below, and believe they are owed money as a result, can now make a claim to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects money held in bank, building society and credit union accounts. It also protects insurance, investments, mortgage advice and arranging, and debt management.
Caroline Rainbird, FSCS’s Chief Executive, recently said:
“Because these firms are unable to pay back the money they owe their customers, FSCS can step in and pay them compensation. As Chief Executive, I see first-hand the important role FSCS plays to help people who have lost money through their dealings with financial services firms that have failed or are no longer trading.
"The impact of their financial loss should not be underestimated. People who claim through FSCS are often vulnerable. We treat each person with empathy and understanding as their claim is progressed.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people.
Visit our claims site at https://claims.fscs.org.uk/ if you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms. You can also contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com.
Declarations by FSCS from 1 November to 31 December 2020:
November 2020 – nine firms
- Barnbeck Limited t/a Brecks Saab, FRN: 312552, Great North Way, Nether Poppleton, York, North Yorkshire YO26 6RB
- Dexia PAM Limited formerly Pembroke Asset Management Ltd t/a Day Hartley & Pembroke Limited, FRN: 116383, Shackleton House, 4 Battle Bridge Lane, London SE1 2GZ
- Direct Market Touch Limited, FRN: 490521, c/o 9 New Street, London EC2M 4TP
- Drew (UK) Financial Services, FRN: 180995, 28 Middleton Avenue, Sidcup, Kent DA14 4JW
- Fiducia Wealth Solutions Limited formerly Regen Investments Limited, FRN: 646975, 45 Hornbeam Avenue, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex TN39 5JQ
- J L Fisher Financial Services Limited, FRN: 116035, 60 King’s Walk, Gloucester, Gloucestershire GL1 1LA
- Mentor Financial Limited, FRN: 179105, 6 High Street, Datchet, Slough, Berkshire SL3 9EA
- Stephen Davies (Haverfordwest) Limited t/a Imperial Garages, Imperial Leisure, Imperial Marine, FRN: 313079, Imperial Garages, Portfield, Haverfordwest SA61 1DY
- Wingray Autos Limited, FRN: 312447, Woolton Garage, Menlove Avenue, Liverpool, Merseyside L25 7SB
December 2020 – four firms
- Horbury Bridge Garages Limited, FRN: 315045, 223 Bridge Road, Horbury, Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF4 5QA
- Optimus Wealth Management Limited formerly Howard & Co (Mortgages) Limited, Panayi Limited, FRN: 432564, Office 101, 1st Floor, 200 Aldersgate, London EC1A 4HD
- Ober Private Clients Limited, FRN: 706215, We Work Building, One St Peter’s Square, St Peter’s Square, Manchester M2 3DE
- Walker Woodhead Financial Planning Limited t/a Walker Financial Planning Limited, FRN: 401158, 70 Market Street, Tottington, Bury, Lancashire BL8 3LJ
James Tweed t: 020 7375 8646
Notes for Editors
Read more about the remit of FSCS on our Notes for editors page.
Latest News from
FSCS enables Reyker Securities clients to access their assets13/04/2021 14:10:00
Most of the 11,500 former clients of wealth management firm Reyker Securities plc (“Reyker”) have regained access to their assets.
Retirement: one of our most emotionally challenging milestones01/04/2021 14:10:00
Although the majority (62%) enter retirement feeling happy, new research from FSCS (Financial Services Compensation Scheme) confirms suspicions that it is one of the most emotionally impactful times of our lives.
Are your pensions and investments FSCS protected?31/03/2021 15:10:00
Pensions and investments are among the most complicated financial products out there. Take the time to check they're FSCS protected now for peace of mind later on.
Updated pension redress guidance29/03/2021 14:10:00
The FCA has announced an update to the method used to calculate the amount of redress due. The new method will apply in cases where it's been judged that advice was unsuitable for defined benefit pension transfer.
How FSCS went from claimants to customers19/03/2021 10:25:00
Blog posted by: Emma Barrow, 18 March 2021.
Pioneer Mutual Credit Union Ltd in Glasgow declared in default: FSCS to protect its 3,500 members04/03/2021 14:10:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the members of Pioneer Mutual Credit Union Ltd, which has stopped trading and is now in default.
FSCS COO Jimmy Barber to leave the Scheme in Spring 202102/02/2021 14:10:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) yesterday announced that its Chief Operating Officer (COO) Jimmy Barber will be leaving the Scheme in April.
Prometheus Insurance Company Ltd has failed28/01/2021 14:10:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared that Prometheus Insurance Company Ltd (PICL) failed on 27 January 2021. The company was previously trading as Tradewise Insurance Company Ltd.