FSCS declared 35 firms in default between Aug and Oct
Consumers could be in line for compensation
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) declared 35 failed regulated firms in default between 1st August and 31st October 2019, which means consumers could get back money they have lost as a result of their dealings with any of those firms (listed below).
FSCS is the UK's statutory compensation scheme that protects customers of authorised financial services firms that carry out certain regulated activities. A declaration of default means FSCS is satisfied a firm is unable to pay claims for compensation made against it. This paves the way for customers of that firm to make a claim for compensation with FSCS.
Caroline Rainbird, FSCS’s Chief Executive, said: “FSCS’s role is to help people who have lost money as a result of doing business with an authorised firm if that firm is unable to meet claims made against it. The existence of FSCS helps to instil confidence in the financial services sector by ensuring customers can get the compensation they are entitled to when a firm fails. This vital service, which is free to consumers, protects deposits, insurance, investments, home finance and debt management. We want anyone who believes they may be owed money as a result of their dealings with any of these firms to get in touch as we may be able to help you.”
Since it began in 2001, FSCS has helped more than 4.5m people, paying out more than £26bn in compensation.
If you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms, you may be able to do so using FSCS’s online claims service. Or you can contact the Scheme’s Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com
For the latest FSCS news and information visit www.fscs.org.uk or follow @FSCS on Twitter.
August 2019 – 13 firms
- Advanced Vehicle Sales Limited, 5-7 Clarence Road, London N22 8PG
- FIXI Plc, Atlas House, 1-7 King Street, London, EC2V 8AU
- Rex Judd Limited, 415 Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 5AH
- Valiant Financial Consultants Limited, Valiant House, 12 Knoll Rise, Orpington, Kent BR6 0PG
- Wheelpower Bike Centre Limited t/a Aprilia Wheel-Power, 264 Grand Drive, London SW20 9NE
- Burnham Garage Limited t/a Burnham Hyundai, Burnham Vauxhall, Burnham Suzuki, Windsor Vauxhall, 87-89 Farnham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4UN
East of England
- Eastern Direct Finance, 4 Redwing Drive, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 5FN
- Steptime Limited t/a Peter Brooks Honda, 918-920 Chesterfield Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 0SH
- Taz Motorcycles Limited, 93 Queen Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S1 1WF
- Colmore Cars (2000) Limited t/a Colmore 2000, 1163 Chester Road, Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands, B24 0QY
- N-Hanced LLP, 3 Carlton Court, Fifth Avenue, Team Valley, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 0AZ
- AETC Associates Limited, 106 Main Street, Wilsden, Bradford, BD15 0AB
- Bellfield Financial Services Limited, formerly Kirkintilloch Insurance Services Limited, 23 Moncrieffe Avenue, Lenzie, Glasgow, G66 4NL
September 2019 – 13 firms
- St Martin’s Partners LPP formerly CUOX LLP, Carter Clark Recovery House, 15-17 Roebuck Road, Hainault Business Park, Ilford, Essex, IG6 3TU
- Strathearn Insurance Services Limited t/a Strathearn Insurance, Suite 92, 100 Westminister Bridge Road, London, SE1 7XB
- East Sussex Motor Centre, London Road, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 2EA
- Property Finance Solutions (UK) Limited, 18 Farncombe Close, Wivelsfield Green, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH17 7RA
- Southern Honda Limited, 27-43 Ifield Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 7AT
- WSW Financial Services Limited t/a WSW Wealth Management Suite 2, 2nd Floor Phoenix House, Brighton, BN1 2RT
- Bristol Finance & Warranty Limited, Glen Fern House, Carsons Road, Bristol, BS16 9LP
- Haxby’s of Plymouth Limited, 22-24 Valley Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL7 1RF
- Blackstone Independent Financial Advisers Limited, 22b Station Road, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire, SK8 7AB
- Financial Provision Solutions Limited formerly PSTG Solutions Limited, Belgrave Place, 8 Manchester Road, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 0ED
- Motormile Finance Limited formerly Index Link Limited, Hazelcroft, 322 Harrogate Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 3TB
- CPPT Services Limited formerly Central Financial Planning Limited, 1 Dairy Barns, Nut Hurst Grange Lane, Hockley Heath, Solihull, West Midlands, B94 5NL
- Ask Finance Limited, Deloitte LLP, Four Brindley Place, Birmingham, West Midlands, B1 2HZ
October 2019 – 9 firms
- Gowrings of Newbury Limited, The Triangle, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 7HT
- KBW Associates Limited, The Joiners Shop, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TZ
- Gerard Associates Limited, c/o PCR (Bristol) LLP, The Basement, 77A Alma Road, Clifton, Bristol, BSB 2DP
- A. Vincent Limited t/a Ethical Investments Limited, Cedar House, 100 Whirlowdale Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S7 2NJ
- First Rate Home Finance Limited formerly S&P Finance Limited, 17 Station Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 1AW
- Ormskirk Motors Limited t/a Ormskirk Vauxhall t/a Planet Finance, 20 Winmarleigh Street, Warrington, Cheshire, WA1 1JY
- Jacksons Cars Limited, Deloitte LLP, 5 Callaghan Square, South Glamorgan, Cardiff, CF10 5BT
- Ron Treherne IFA Limited, 15 Lon Werdd, South Glamorgan, Cardiff, CF5 4SS
- A Millward & E Millward t/a City Gate Consultants, 85 Claremont Street, Lanarkshire, Glasgow, G3 7HU
T 020 7375 8638
Notes to editors
Read more about the remit of FSCS on our Notes for editors page.
Latest News from
Mercat Cross and The Bruce Credit Union Ltd declared in default: FSCS to protect 126 members05/12/2019 16:20:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the members of Mercat Cross and The Bruce Credit Union Ltd, which has stopped trading and is now in default.
FSCS ranked 40 in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers List03/12/2019 10:10:10
The long-awaited Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers List published on November 28th showcases leading organisations working across all strands of diversity.
Annual Report26/11/2019 11:10:00
Read our Annual Report and Accounts and Class Statements for this year - previous years' publications can be downloaded by visiting the archive.
Hat-trick of awards25/11/2019 13:20:00
This week the Financial Services Compensation Scheme’s (FSCS) commitment to its colleagues and customers was recognised, in three prestigious national awards.
FSCS reaches out to thousands of remaining Alpha latent defect policyholders19/11/2019 14:10:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is asking thousands of Alpha Insurance A/S (Alpha) latent defect policyholders to submit their premium refund claim to the Alpha claims portal on the Danish insurer’s website.
FSCS recognised for dedication to diversity05/11/2019 10:25:00
Being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us deliver the best possible service for our customers.
David Blackburn on OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists 201904/11/2019 14:10:00
The 2019 OUTstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists, supported by Yahoo Finance, are a powerful reflection of the incredible achievements of LGBT+ people in the business community.
FSCS among top 50 most inclusive employers23/10/2019 10:25:00
FSCS's diversity, equality and inclusion policies recognised.