FSCS has confirmed that the 16 firms below have gone out of business
FSCS has confirmed that the 16 firms below are in default – which means they have gone out of business and FSCS believes they are unable to meet any claims themselves. This means that any customers who are owed money by them can see how they’re protected by visiting FSCS here.
If a regulated financial firm is no longer trading and can't pay a customer’s claim, FSCS can step in to pay compensation.
We’re independent and our service is free to customers. Our protection covers money held in bank, building society and credit union accounts, and also protects insurance, investments, mortgage advice and arranging, and debt management. Customers keep all the compensation they’re owed when they claim directly through us.
Caroline Rainbird, FSCS’s Chief Executive, said
“We know it’s stressful when a financial firm stops trading but owes you money. That’s why we have specially trained claims handlers who are here to assist you through every step of the process, and we’ll keep you up to date with our progress. In the 2020/21 financial year we helped more than 52,000 customers get back on track – by either paying them compensation or enabling them to transfer to a new provider for their investment or insurance policy.”
Visit https://claims.fscs.org.uk/ if you wish to make a claim with FSCS against any of these firms. You can also contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 678 1100 or 020 7741 4100, or by email at email@example.com.
Declarations by FSCS from 1 October to 30 November 2021 (16 firms):
- A. W. Dallas Financial Services Ltd, t/a (trading as) Portfolio Pension Consultancy (FRN 481208), Unit 2 Langdon House, Langdon Road, Swansea, SA1 8QY.
- Acklam Financial Ltd (FRN 223707), 261a Acklam Road, Acklam, Middlesbrough, TS5 7BP.
- Armstrong Campbell LLP (FRN 437244), 9 Murton Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE13 9AF.
- Border Cars (Dumfries) Ltd, t/a BC Motorhomes, BCM, BM Services, Border Cars (FRN 309061), 130-132 Terregles Street, Dumfries, Dumfriesshire, DG2 9DX.
- Broadlands Partnership Ltd, t/a Manning Gee Investments (FRN 565547), 41 Ludlow Street, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan, CF64 1EX.
- Fortuna Wealth Management Ltd, previously Fidelis Wealth Management Ltd, AWG Financial Ltd (FRN 774173), 24 Cannon Road, Wombourne, Wolverhampton, WV5 9HR.
- Independent Benefit Consultancy Ltd (FRN 522390), Ingram House, 227 Ingram Street, Glasgow, G1 1AD.
- Lifestyle Financial Consultancy Ltd (FRN 628838), Imperial Chambers, Widemarsh Street, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR4 9EP.
- MCE Insurance Company Ltd (FRN 611321), 1st Floor, World Trade Center, Gibraltar.
- Meyado Private Wealth Management London Ltd, formerly Berkshire Financial Advisers Ltd (FRN 442632), 23 Berkeley Square, London, W1J 6HE.
- Network Direct Limited (FRN 501761), 5 Lancer House, Hussar Court, Westside View, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 7SE.
- Retirement & Pension Planning Services Ltd (FRN 542640), Unit 32, Mount Osbourne Business Centre, Oakwell View, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 1HH.
- Spires Independent Ltd, t/a Paladin, Tony Castrey Wealth Management (FRN 585453) 33 Market Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13 6LA.
- Tramway Financial Management Ltd (FRN 752006), Suite 2, Croft Lane, Temple Grafton, Alcester, Warwickshire, B49 6PW.
- West Wales Financial Services Ltd t/a IWA Financial Solutions, Mike Powell Mortgages (FRN 756482), 6a Llys Y Barcud Clos, Gelliwerdd, Cross Hands Industrial Estate, Cross Hands, SA14 6RX.
- Will Insurance Services Ltd (FRN 306782), 4 - 6 Ellingfort Road, Hackney, London, E8 3PA.
Notes for Editors
For more information about the role of FSCS see our Notes for editors page.
Latest News from
Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union Limited in Suffolk declared in default: FSCS to protect 463 remaining members19/05/2022 13:43:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the remaining members of Rainbow Saver Anglia Credit Union Limited, which has stopped trading and is now in default.
North East Warrington Credit Union (NEWCU) Limited declared in default: FSCS to protect its 1,182 members06/05/2022 14:20:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the members of North East Warrington Credit Union (NEWCU) Ltd, which has stopped trading and is now in default.
City of Plymouth Credit Union Ltd in Devon declared in default: FSCS to protect 2,348 members28/04/2022 14:10:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the members of City of Plymouth Credit Union Ltd, which has stopped trading and is now in default.
FSCS has confirmed that the five firms below have been declared in default12/04/2022 12:25:00
Regular notice that consumers could be in line for compensation.
Compensation for illiquid funds – how we’ve made it easier to claim28/03/2022 10:25:00
FSCS have recently improved how they go about paying compensation for our investment customers with illiquid funds. The claims process is now much simpler and has resulted in a quicker, more streamlined experience with final payments made 100 days faster than before.
Strathkelvin Credit Union Limited in the Glasgow area declared in default: FSCS to protect its 1,820 members23/02/2022 10:25:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the members of Strathkelvin Credit Union Limited, which has stopped trading and is now in default.
FSCS has confirmed that the 12 firms below have gone out of business11/02/2022 10:25:00
FSCS has confirmed that the 12 firms below are in default – which means they have gone out of business and FSCS believes they are unable to meet any claims themselves.
The ongoing fight against scams03/02/2022 10:15:00
Scam prevention and reporting is complicated for FSCS due to the limits of our remit. Sarah Marin, FSCS Chief Customer Officer, talks about the challenges we face in this area, how we see scams in a broader sense, and why we’re keen to continue collaborating with others in the industry on scam prevention in 2022.