FSCS recognised for dedication to diversity
Being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us deliver the best possible service for our customers.
At FSCS, providing an excellent experience for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. To make this happen, we recruit the most talented people, regardless of their background.
We employ people who bring many different talents to our organisation, regardless of gender, race, age, disability, sexual orientation and social background. Our values guide everything we do and we know that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us deliver the best possible service for our customers.
We’re also the first employer in the world to launch an age-friendly employer profile. We’re proud to have won and been shortlisted for several diversity awards over the years, including:
- Business in the Community (BITC) Responsible Business Awards – shortlisted for Age Friendly Team of the Year (the People Team) 2018.
- Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards – shortlisted for Trailblazing Company of the Year 2019.
- Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards – highly commended Diversity Marketing and Recruitment Campaign of the Year 2019.
- Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards – won Employer of the Year 2019.
- Financial Adviser Diversity in Finance Awards – won Diversity Champion of the Year 2019 (David Blackburn, Chief People Officer).
- National Diversity Awards – shortlisted for Diverse Company of the Year 2019.
- CIPD People Management Awards – shortlisted for Best Resourcing Initiative 2019.
- Investors in People Awards 2019 – shortlisted for Diversity and Inclusion Award 2019.
Watch our video to see what diversity means to us.
Latest News from
FSCS allocation of claims regarding IFAs and SIPP operators09/03/2020 12:38:00
When customers suffer losses as a result of failed investments made via a SIPP there are often a number of different firms which may be liable for some or all of those losses.
FSCS clarification – July 2019 monthly defaults press release - Assura Protect Ltd27/01/2020 16:20:00
FSCS wishes to clarify that Assura Protect Limited of 86 Gloucester Place, London W1U 6HP has not been declared in default by FSCS and we understand is still trading and remains Authorised under FRN 678817 by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Quick Sure Insurance Company Ltd has failed27/01/2020 13:48:00
Quick Sure Insurance Ltd, a Gibraltar-based insurance company, was declared in default recently (Friday 24 January 2020) by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
Plan and Budget20/01/2020 12:25:00
FSCS Plan and Budget outlines expected management costs and the latest forecast of potential claims volumes. Also outlined are initial forecasts for the levy financial services firms will pay next year, as well as any supplementary levy that may be due.
FSCS announces its annual Plan and Budget 2020/2116/01/2020 16:20:00
Compensation scheme announces indicative levy of £635m and management expenses budget of £78.2m for 2020/21 in its Plan & Budget
FSCS announces decision on LCF claims09/01/2020 13:25:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) today announces key decisions for claims in relation to the London Capital and Finance (LCF) failure.
Mail Online, This is Money & FSCS06/01/2020 14:10:00
FSCS, the Mail Online and This is Money have joined forces to produce a series of podcasts and articles. They all have one purpose – to help you keep your money safe.
North Airdrie Credit Union Ltd fails18/12/2019 13:47:00
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has stepped in to protect the members of North Airdrie Credit Union Ltd, which has stopped trading and is now in default.