Fair Start Scotland - evaluation report 3: year two - overview
Third report in a series of evaluation reports of Fair Start Scotland employability services which covers the second full year of service delivery (April 2019 – March 2020) and summarises findings from a participant phone survey, local area case studies and analysis of management information.
This is the third evaluation report published by the Scottish Government on Fair Start Scotland (FSS). This report presents an overview of research relating to the second year of service delivery (April 2019 - March 2020).
The report aims to answer the following questions:
- Who engaged with FSS?
- How aware are people of FSS? What motivated participants in FSS to take part?
- How well did the process of referral and service delivery work in year 2?
- What has been participants’ experience of the support they received?
- How well has FSS embodied its values and principles?
- Has FSS helped participants to move towards work?
It aims to do this by presenting an overview of findings from four different data sources:
- Three local case studies in Dundee, Fraserburgh and Peterhead, and Drumchapel, in north Glasgow, undertaken by Rocket Science UK Ltd and Blake Stevenson. The case studies take an in depth look at the local delivery and outcomes of FSS from those who participate in the service as well as those who are involved in providing it. This includes FSS service providers, local organisations, and FSS participants. Individual participant stories are included throughout the report.
- A telephone survey of 1007 FSS participants by IFF Research Ltd. Participants were a mix of those who had started in the second year of FSS service, and follow up interviews with those who joined in the first year and were interviewed for the year 1 evaluation report.
- Analysis of FSS service provider management information on the demographics and background characteristics of the FSS participants who joined in the second year of delivery.
- An online survey of 109 non-participants in FSS, conducted with members of the Scottish Social Security Panel.
Fair Start Scotland Evaluation Report 3: Overview of year 2 (November 2020) 76 page PDF, 2.5 MB
Latest News from
Record number of students from deprived areas at university25/01/2022 15:05:00
Overall record enrolments at Scottish institutions.
Keeping eye tests free on the NHS25/01/2022 11:05:00
Increase in fees paid to optometry practices for free examinations.
Distance Aware25/01/2022 10:05:00
Free badges and lanyards will be available to people who wish to show others they would welcome additional space and extra care while out in public.
Purpose Built Student Accommodation (PBSA) - scoping survey findings24/01/2022 15:05:00
This report describes scoping research carried out to inform the development of a review of Purpose Built Student Accommodation (PBSA).
Transport Minister steps down24/01/2022 13:05:00
Transport Minister Graeme Dey has tendered his resignation from the Scottish Government for health-related reasons.
Social Security (Residence Requirements) (Afghanistan) (Scotland) Regulations 2021: SCoSS scrutiny report24/01/2022 12:05:00
Scottish Commission on Social Security (SCoSS) scrutiny report on the Social Security (Residence Requirements) (Afghanistan) (Scotland) Regulations 2021.
Funding for sustainable islands24/01/2022 10:05:00
Additional funding allocated to local island projects.
Next steps in hearing services review21/01/2022 15:05:00
An Independent chair is to be appointed to oversee the creation of a National Audiology Review Group.