FindMyStreet 2.0 – upgraded and easier to use
In 2019, we made it possible for anyone, free of charge, to see the name and location of every street in England and Wales and to understand which ones are maintained at public expense.
Now we’ve improved the FindMyStreet service, making it more useful and even easier to use. FindMyStreet will go live on 18/02/21 with all of these updates in place:
- A single click on the List of Streets will lead you directly to the map, which we’ve improved to show more details
- Our search tool is more intuitive – making it easier to find the streets you’re interested in – and the list of streets can now be filtered by town
- We’ve improved the dual language map display, and improved the way FindMyStreets shows the Welsh language
- You can share a specific USRN with someone else, and cross reference Type 3 USRNs within Elementary Street Units
- Our FAQs now signpost street data products including OSMM Highways
- FindMyStreet uses the National Street Gazetteer to reveal useful information about who’s responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of streets in England and Wales.
- It’s an important tool as it reduces the burden on local authorities who have to handle those queries manually. FindMyStreet also helps local highway authorities to meet their Highways Act Section 36 (6) obligations.
Try FindMyStreet here – we’d like to hear your thoughts on how it works.
|Home||About||Addressess||Streets||Helpdesk||News & Events||Exemplar||Consultancy|
Latest News from
GeoPlace announces 2021 Exemplar Award winners14/05/2021 14:20:00
GeoPlace announces the winners of its 2021 Exemplar Awards at the 15th Annual GeoPlace conference.
Minister for Housing to speak at GeoPlace annual conference20/04/2021 15:20:00
GeoPlace has announced that the Rt Hon Christopher Pincher MP, Minister for Housing will speak at its annual conference which takes places online on 12th and 13h May 2021.
GeoPlace annual conference 2021 – Places for People01/04/2021 11:10:00
GeoPlace has announced its annual conference which takes places online on 12th and 13th May 2021. The theme is ‘Place for People’.
Facing Change Together – HAUC(UK) Convention 202124/03/2021 12:50:00
HAUC(UK) has announced its Annual Convention which takes places online on 19th and 20th May 2021. The theme is ‘Facing Change Together’.
GeoPlace – Underpinning the 2021 Census23/03/2021 12:25:00
The Census passes in a moment, but its impact is felt for over a decade. In our role at the heart of Britain’s addressing system, GeoPlace has been instrumental in ensuring the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has the right addressing data to run the 2021 Census.
Developing an excellent address list for Census 202123/03/2021 10:25:00
Since 1801, the nation has been setting aside one day every ten years to conduct the census, collecting an understanding of all people and households.
Building a Data Community11/02/2021 12:25:00
Data is the new currency. It drives our processes, guides our decisions, and is increasingly recognised as not just an internal resource but a product which can help generate revenue, increase transparency and spur innovation.
Traffic Regulation Orders (TRO) – Supporting Active Travel08/02/2021 16:33:00
Blog posted by: Baz Lokat, Senior Consultant, GeoPlace, 04 February 2021.