Future manufacturing and materials: apply for funding
As a UK business you can apply for a share of £15 million to develop solutions to the challenges of future manufacturing and materials.
Up to £15 million will be made available by Innovate for UK businesses to work on innovative projects in the manufacturing and materials sector.
Creating a competitive advantage
New manufacturing processes and materials can be a source of global competitive advantage. The UK already has a strong position. It is the ninth largest producer in the world with an output of $247 billion. This competition aims to support manufacturing and materials as enablers of product innovation.
We are looking to fund projects that tackle identified technical and commercial challenges. These should lead to increased productivity, competitiveness and growth for UK small and medium-sized enterprises.
Applications should focus on innovations in:
- manufacturing systems, technologies, processes or business models, such as new product introduction processes or remanufacture
- materials development, properties, integration or reuse. Materials could include nanomaterials, ceramics, metals and inter-metallics, polymers, composites, coatings, smart materials and joining of dissimilar materials
- the competition is open, and the deadline for registration is midday on 12 July 2017
- project should range between £50,000 and £2 million and last between 6 months and 3 years
- projects must be led by a business and involve at least one SME
- projects longer than 12 months or with costs of more than £100,000 must involve 2 or more businesses
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their total project costs, depending on their size
Latest News from
UK firms challenged to cut freight emissions22/09/2017 12:12:00
Companies are urged to compete for up to £15 million of funding to develop technology to reduce harmful emissions from freight.
Innovate 2017: see the best in UK innovation22/09/2017 10:25:00
Some of the country’s most forward-thinking businesses will showcase their products and ideas at Innovate UK’s flagship event.
New million-pound production unit will tackle global diseases21/09/2017 12:10:00
£7.3 million investment will help battle against mosquito-borne disease and create 75 jobs for Oxitec, an Innovate UK-supported company.
Urban innovation in Singapore: opportunities for the UK12/09/2017 11:47:00
UK SMEs will travel to Singapore to meet potential partners this week - and there’s a chance for you to join the next mission in 2018.