|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Future manufacturing and materials: apply for funding
As a UK business you can apply for a share of £15 million to develop solutions to the challenges of future manufacturing and materials.
Up to £15 million will be made available by Innovate for UK businesses to work on innovative projects in the manufacturing and materials sector.
Creating a competitive advantage
New manufacturing processes and materials can be a source of global competitive advantage. The UK already has a strong position. It is the ninth largest producer in the world with an output of $247 billion. This competition aims to support manufacturing and materials as enablers of product innovation.
We are looking to fund projects that tackle identified technical and commercial challenges. These should lead to increased productivity, competitiveness and growth for UK small and medium-sized enterprises.
Applications should focus on innovations in:
- manufacturing systems, technologies, processes or business models, such as new product introduction processes or remanufacture
- materials development, properties, integration or reuse. Materials could include nanomaterials, ceramics, metals and inter-metallics, polymers, composites, coatings, smart materials and joining of dissimilar materials
- the competition is open, and the deadline for registration is midday on 12 July 2017
- project should range between £50,000 and £2 million and last between 6 months and 3 years
- projects must be led by a business and involve at least one SME
- projects longer than 12 months or with costs of more than £100,000 must involve 2 or more businesses
- businesses could attract up to 70% of their total project costs, depending on their size
Latest News from
£15 million for 49 manufacturing and materials innovations22/06/2017 10:20:00
UK companies spearheading the cutting-edge in manufacturing and materials are to receive a boost from Innovate UK.
Government’s clean energy drive invests £35 million in innovative projects21/06/2017 10:14:00
The new funding will help deliver clean growth and affordable energy as part of the Industrial Strategy.
Early public and private investment speeds up innovation20/06/2017 12:10:00
UK businesses can benefit from a mix of government grants and private equity. See examples and an opportunity to access both simultaneously.
Cleantech startups set sights on US market16/06/2017 16:13:00
Twenty innovative companies have completed an entrepreneur mission to San Francisco to meet potential customers, partners and investors.