HM Inspector of Anatomy: report – August 2018-October 2019
Report by Professor Gordon Findlater, Inspector of Anatomy, detailing inspection outcomes and duties undertaken.
The remit of the Inspector is laid out in section 9, sub-section 2 of the Anatomy Act 1984 as amended by the Human Tissue (Scotland) Act 2006 and states:
An inspector shall be appointed –
- to advise Scottish Ministers on the exercise of his functions under this Act;
- to inspect premises in respect of which licences are sought under section 3(1) of the Act in order to ascertain whether the premises are suitable;
- to examine applications for licences under the Act in order to ascertain whether the applicants are suitable;
- To inspect premises, in order to ascertain whether any offence has been or is being committed under section 11(1) or (2) or against regulations under section 8 (as mentioned in section 11(4)).
Inspections were carried out at the following licensed premises:
- University of Aberdeen
- Centre of Anatomy and Human Identification (CAHID), University of Dundee
- Dundee Institute for Healthcare Simulation Surgical Skills Centre (DIHS), Ninewells Hospital
- Institute for Medical Science and Technology (IMSaT), Ninewells Hospital
- ENT Temporal Bone Laboratory, Ninewells Hospital
- University of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- University of St Andrews
Latest News from
Mobile screen exposure can lead to poor sleep20/02/2020 15:05:00
Report highlights impact on young people’s mental health.
World leading action on period products20/02/2020 11:05:00
Government to support principles of the Period Products Bill.
Vehicles to meet disabled people’s needs20/02/2020 09:05:00
Motability Scheme accredited to provide wide choice of vehicles at affordable rates.
Fairer family leave for councillors19/02/2020 16:25:00
Removing barriers to parents and young people seeking elected office.
Disabled people and the labour market in Scotland19/02/2020 15:10:00
An Official Statistics publication for Scotland.
Response to UK Goverment's immigration proposals19/02/2020 14:10:00
Migration Minister Ben Macpherson responded to UK Goverment's immigration proposals
Scotland's careers strategy: moving forward18/02/2020 15:05:00
Strategy highlighting the role that career education, information, advice and guidance (CIAG) services in Scotland can play in helping to address future skills demands and deliver inclusive growth.