Healthy Lifestyle: Commission launches a European-wide campaign
The Commission recently (24 September 2021) launched the HealthyLifestyle4All campaign to promote a healthy lifestyle for all, across generations and social groups, with the objective to improve the health and well-being of Europeans. Linking sport and active lifestyles with health, food and other policies, this two-year campaign involves civil society, non-governmental organisations, national, local and regional authorities and international bodies. All involved will implement several actions for Europeans to be more active and more mindful of their health.
The actions will support the three objectives of the HealthyLifestyle4All campaign:
- Raise more awareness for healthy lifestyles across all generations;
- Support an easier access to sport, physical activity and healthy diets, with a special focus on inclusion and non-discrimination to reach and involve disadvantaged groups;
- Promote a global approach across policies and sectors, linking food, health, well-being and sport.
All participating organisations can submit a commitment for concrete actions in the online Pledge Board. Several EU countries and organisations, such as the International and European Olympic Committees, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the International School Sport Federation, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) already submitted their contribution, with many more to be expected.
As a coordinator of the campaign, the Commission will implement several actions in the next two years, including for example:
- Increase funding for projects supporting a healthy lifestyle in the Erasmus+, Horizon Europe and EU4Health For 2021-2027, €470 million will be available for sport actions under Erasmus+, €290 million under Horizon Europe, and €4.4 million under EU4Health;
- Create a new #BeActive Across Generations Award to recognise the importance of Sport across different ages;
- Launch an EU Mobile App for cancer prevention to raise awareness of the importance of healthy lifestyles for cancer prevention, supporting the goals of Europe's Beating Cancer Plan;
- Develop and update a food ingredients database containing information on the nutritional quality of processed food products sold in the EU to promote healthier food products and reduce the consumption of less healthy food products high in sugar, fat and salt. A harmonised mandatory front-of-pack nutrition labelling will further support that objective as well as the EU Code of Conduct on responsible food business and marketing practices that entered in force in July 2021;
- Address the issue of healthy and sustainable diets, and the importance of physical activity and mental health in schools. The Commission will review the EU School fruit, vegetables and milk scheme and will streamline the concept of healthy lifestyles in its recommendation on education;
- Support evidence-based policy making for healthy lifestyles with the Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Knowledge Gateway and the Knowledge Centre on Cancer.
Latest News from
InvestEU in France: Loxam receives €130 million loan from the European Investment Bank to support its energy transition26/09/2022 16:33:00
The Loxam Group (“Loxam”), France's market leader and the fourth-largest global player in equipment and tool leasing, announces a loan of €130 million from the European Investment Bank (EIB) supported by the European Union's new InvestEU programme.
Global Gateway: President von der Leyen announces funding for women and youth's rights, food security, fight against disease, and biodiversity26/09/2022 15:25:00
The President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, has concluded an intense week of discussions with world leaders and international partners at the UN General Assembly in New York with a series of pledges to tackle the current food crisis, aggravated by Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine, the urgent climate and nature crisis and to improve global health.
Fourth report confirms SURE success in protecting jobs during pandemic26/09/2022 14:33:00
The Commission has published its fourth bi-annual report on the implementation and impact of SURE, the €100 billion instrument designed to protect jobs and incomes affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Speech by Commissioner Schmit at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum event ‘Social & climate justice @ CEM in challenging times: Moving to the next level'26/09/2022 13:25:00
Speech given recently (23 September 2022) by Commissioner Schmit at the Global Clean Energy Action Forum event ‘Social & climate justice @ CEM in challenging times: Moving to the next level'.
Commissioner Sinkevicius, delivers a keynote speech at the Relaunch of the Institute of Global Sustainable Development (IGSD), online26/09/2022 12:38:00
Commissioner Sinkevicius, recently (23 September 2022) delivered a keynote speech at the Relaunch of the Institute of Global Sustainable Development (IGSD), online.
EVP Vestager address to the 6th conference of the Technical University of Denmark "The road to a better digital future", Copenhagen 23 September 2022.26/09/2022 11:33:00
EVP Vestager recently (23 September 2022) addressed to the 6th conference of the Technical University of Denmark "The road to a better digital future", Copenhagen.
Speech by President Charles Michel at the 77th session of the UN General Assembly26/09/2022 10:25:00
Speech given recently (23 September 2022) by President Charles Michel at the 77th session of the UN General Assembly.
EU Organic Day: the Commission celebrates the winners of the first EU organic awards26/09/2022 09:25:00
Today, the Commission unveiled the eight winners, from farmer to restaurant, of the first ever EU organic awards. Coming from Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Sweden, they all represent the growth and innovation of the European organic sector and value chain, and its contribution to reducing agriculture's impact on the climate and the environment.
Ensuring accountability for Sexual Violence and other violations of International Humanitarian Law23/09/2022 16:33:00
Ensuring accountability for Sexual Violence and other violations of International Humanitarian Law (22 September 2022).