|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Improving care for stroke patients: apply for innovation funding
- Also published by:
Innovative organisations can apply for a share of up to £2.7 million to develop new ways of improving care for stroke patients at home.
A Northern Ireland-led international consortium is inviting innovative businesses to apply for a share of up to £2.7 million to develop new technical care solutions for stroke patients.
The project - Mobile Assistance for Groups and Individuals in the Community (MAGIC) - aims to discover innovative approaches to post-stroke care and improve the independence of stroke survivors.
This competition is in 3 phases:
- phase 1 – successful applicants will receive funding of up to €60,000 to carry out feasibility studies / solution development projects lasting 6 months
- phase 2 - successful companies from phase 1 will receive funding of up to €105,700 to develop prototypes of their proposed solutions
- phase 3 - successful companies from phase 2 will receive funding of up to €930,000 to develop their solutions at scale in Northern Ireland and Italy
The MAGIC Post-Stroke challenge is funded through the Horizon 2020 programme. This is the first successful bid for funding from the Horizon 2020 pre-commercial procurement fund in the UK and Ireland. The Northern Ireland Department of Health is running this competition. Other NI participants are the Health and Social Care Board, the Public Health Agency, Invest Northern Ireland and Ulster University. There are also international partners from Ireland, Italy, Finland, Spain, Luxembourg and Denmark.
- this competition is open now
- the application deadline is 3pm on Friday 9 December 2016
- you must register and apply online via the eTendersNI website
- the call for tender number for this competition is 601494
Latest News from
Business Secretary announces Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund investments21/04/2017 16:22:00
Business Secretary Greg Clark announces the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, committing over £1 billion over the next 4 years.
Shanghai-UK collaboration on industry challenges: apply for funds21/04/2017 09:25:00
UK businesses can apply for a share of £5 million to work with partners in Shanghai on industrial challenges and opportunities.
Encouraging cycling and walking: apply for business funding19/04/2017 16:12:00
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £470,000 for innovative proposals to encourage people to make more journeys by bike or on foot.
Making energy clean, affordable and secure: apply for funding19/04/2017 15:20:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £13 million for innovative projects that address the issues of cost, emissions and security of supply.