|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Improving care for stroke patients: apply for innovation funding
Innovative organisations can apply for a share of up to £2.7 million to develop new ways of improving care for stroke patients at home.
A Northern Ireland-led international consortium is inviting innovative businesses to apply for a share of up to £2.7 million to develop new technical care solutions for stroke patients.
The project - Mobile Assistance for Groups and Individuals in the Community (MAGIC) - aims to discover innovative approaches to post-stroke care and improve the independence of stroke survivors.
This competition is in 3 phases:
- phase 1 – successful applicants will receive funding of up to €60,000 to carry out feasibility studies / solution development projects lasting 6 months
- phase 2 - successful companies from phase 1 will receive funding of up to €105,700 to develop prototypes of their proposed solutions
- phase 3 - successful companies from phase 2 will receive funding of up to €930,000 to develop their solutions at scale in Northern Ireland and Italy
The MAGIC Post-Stroke challenge is funded through the Horizon 2020 programme. This is the first successful bid for funding from the Horizon 2020 pre-commercial procurement fund in the UK and Ireland. The Northern Ireland Department of Health is running this competition. Other NI participants are the Health and Social Care Board, the Public Health Agency, Invest Northern Ireland and Ulster University. There are also international partners from Ireland, Italy, Finland, Spain, Luxembourg and Denmark.
- this competition is open now
- the application deadline is 3pm on Friday 9 December 2016
- you must register and apply online via the eTendersNI website
- the call for tender number for this competition is 601494
Latest News from
Get inspired by UK female innovators26/06/2017 07:05:00
Photography exhibition at Getty Gallery will challenge perceptions of female entrepreneurs and offer relatable, attainable role models.
UK business opportunities in China: new innovation partnerships24/06/2017 09:10:00
An agreement between the UK and Guangdong province will help businesses work with Chinese partners to innovate and access global markets.
£15 million for 49 manufacturing and materials innovations22/06/2017 10:20:00
UK companies spearheading the cutting-edge in manufacturing and materials are to receive a boost from Innovate UK.
Government’s clean energy drive invests £35 million in innovative projects21/06/2017 10:14:00
The new funding will help deliver clean growth and affordable energy as part of the Industrial Strategy.