Improving care for stroke patients: apply for innovation funding
Innovative organisations can apply for a share of up to £2.7 million to develop new ways of improving care for stroke patients at home.
A Northern Ireland-led international consortium is inviting innovative businesses to apply for a share of up to £2.7 million to develop new technical care solutions for stroke patients.
The project - Mobile Assistance for Groups and Individuals in the Community (MAGIC) - aims to discover innovative approaches to post-stroke care and improve the independence of stroke survivors.
This competition is in 3 phases:
- phase 1 – successful applicants will receive funding of up to €60,000 to carry out feasibility studies / solution development projects lasting 6 months
- phase 2 - successful companies from phase 1 will receive funding of up to €105,700 to develop prototypes of their proposed solutions
- phase 3 - successful companies from phase 2 will receive funding of up to €930,000 to develop their solutions at scale in Northern Ireland and Italy
The MAGIC Post-Stroke challenge is funded through the Horizon 2020 programme. This is the first successful bid for funding from the Horizon 2020 pre-commercial procurement fund in the UK and Ireland. The Northern Ireland Department of Health is running this competition. Other NI participants are the Health and Social Care Board, the Public Health Agency, Invest Northern Ireland and Ulster University. There are also international partners from Ireland, Italy, Finland, Spain, Luxembourg and Denmark.
- this competition is open now
- the application deadline is 3pm on Friday 9 December 2016
- you must register and apply online via the eTendersNI website
- the call for tender number for this competition is 601494
Latest News from
UK firms challenged to cut freight emissions22/09/2017 12:12:00
Companies are urged to compete for up to £15 million of funding to develop technology to reduce harmful emissions from freight.
Innovate 2017: see the best in UK innovation22/09/2017 10:25:00
Some of the country’s most forward-thinking businesses will showcase their products and ideas at Innovate UK’s flagship event.
New million-pound production unit will tackle global diseases21/09/2017 12:10:00
£7.3 million investment will help battle against mosquito-borne disease and create 75 jobs for Oxitec, an Innovate UK-supported company.
Urban innovation in Singapore: opportunities for the UK12/09/2017 11:47:00
UK SMEs will travel to Singapore to meet potential partners this week - and there’s a chance for you to join the next mission in 2018.