Improving operations through machine learning: apply for funding
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £250,000 to use machine learning to help Innovate UK make better use of its operations data.
Innovate UK is to invest up to £250,000 in new ideas for ways in which machine learning can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its operations.
Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence. It allows computers to become more accurate in predicting outcomes without explicit programming, using algorithms that iteratively learn from data.
We welcome as many ideas as possible for the application of machine learning to Innovate UK’s existing data. Proposals should show how these ideas would:
- improve operational efficiency
- improve the efficiency and quality of decision-making, both pre and post-funding award
These could include areas such as:
- assessor allocation - identifying key words from funding applications to allocate appropriate assessors
- checking for undeclared resubmissions - searching for resubmitted, duplicate and reassessed funding applications
This is a Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) competition. It’s phase 1 of a potential 2-phase competition. A decision to proceed with phase 2 will depend on the outcomes from phase 1.
this competition opens on 24 July 2017
- the registration deadline is midday on 6 September 2017
- the application deadline for phase 1 is midday on 13 September 2017
- SBRI is open to any type or size of organisation
- successful projects will attract 100% funded development contracts
- you can work alone or with others such as businesses, research base and third sector
- phase 1 contracts are worth up to £50,000 and last up to 4 months
Latest News from
Tackling drug resistance: UK-China funding competition announced17/08/2017 09:10:00
A new competition for 2018 will make up to £10 million available to UK organisations to work with Chinese partners.
UK spectroscopy firm bought for £40 million14/08/2017 16:15:00
Acquisition of Cobalt Light Systems follows support from Innovate UK to develop airport bottle screener for liquid explosives.
Innovate 2017: tickets available to UK’s biggest innovation event14/08/2017 14:20:00
Come and find out about the future of industry and meet with other entrepreneurs, investors and business experts.
Reducing the use of animals in research: apply for SBRI funding07/08/2017 09:05:00
Up to £2.3 million is available to UK SMEs across 3 challenges to replace, refine and reduce the use of animals.