Information Commissioner’s Office Publish Innovation Plan
techUK welcomes the Information Commissioner's Office Innovation Plan that shows how their approach to regulation supports innovation.
On Monday 17 April 2017, the Information Commissioner’s Office published it’s Innovation Plan. This publication follows the Government’s commitment, outlined in its productivity plan, for departments and regulators to publish documents showing how their approach to regulation supports innovation.
In its Innovation Plan the ICO recognises:
- The importance of tech and disruptive business models.
- How legislation and enforcement frameworks interact with new technologies and business models.
- The changing data protection landscape with the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Proposed reforms to ePrivacy rules and the potential impact of legislative changes on tech and developing business models.
- The role of new technologies including the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data.
techUK welcomes the ICO’s commitment to continue to better utilise technology in its work to deliver its services and reduce burdens on businesses. Also welcomed is the ICO’s approach to ongoing industry engagement which is highlighted in the Innovation Plan as vital to its work. techUK regularly meets with the ICO to highlight the importance of data protection to its members and look forward to continue working together to create a culture of data confidence in the UK which will support the UK’s digital future.
If you would like to find out more how techUK’s engagement with the ICO or its work on data protection please contact Jeremy Lilley.
Latest News from
Autumn Budget: Prioritising Great Digital Connectivity in the UK24/11/2017 16:20:00
Digital communications announcements and updates within the Autumn Budget
10 Tech Take-Aways from the 'Fit For the Future' Budget24/11/2017 14:10:00
The long read on what tech firms need to know about this week’s budget.
Go To Market - The Secrets To USA Expansion21/11/2017 14:23:00
Go To Market USA - See how four UK tech brands successfully expanded in the USA.
NHS Digital Security Operations Centre Procurement Now Live21/11/2017 08:15:00
An update from NHS Digital about their Security Operations Centre procurement