Innovation in UK aerospace: funding for projects
Organisations are invited to submit ideas that promote competition and innovation in the UK aerospace industry.
To ensure that the UK remains at the pinnacle of civil aerospace innovation, organisations are invited to express an interest in a competition worth £150 million a year with their ideas for pioneering aerospace design and manufacturing projects. The best projects will then be invited to apply for grant funding.
The competition is part of the UK Aerospace Research and Technology programme, a joint £3.9 billion investment between government and industry, which will help strengthen the UK’s leading position in civil aerospace.
Innovate UK, the Aerospace Technology Institute and Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy will coordinate and manage the programme.
Aerospace of the future
This competition provides funding for industrial research or capital investment projects. They must:
- strengthen UK whole-aircraft design and system integration
- future-proof systems technologies in the UK – specifically, smart, connected and more electric aircrafts
- secure the UK’s world-leading position in large, complex aviation structures, particularly wings
- advanced the next generation of propulsion technologies, particularly large turbofans
Projects must align with priorities within the UK Aerospace Technology Strategy.
- the competition will open on 4 March 2019, and the deadline for expressions of interest is at midday on 20 March 2019
- UK-based business, research and technology groups and academic organisations can be the project lead, depending on the project type
- businesses could attract up to 50% of project costs for industry-led research projects. Single applicants in capital investment projects and partners in industry-led research collaborations could attract up to 100%
- organisations must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
Latest News from
Evaluating medical innovations: apply for funding17/04/2019 12:25:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.5 million to help evaluate medical devices in real-world clinical settings.
Transforming UK aerospace: funding for projects16/04/2019 14:20:00
Projects that could strengthen the UK aerospace industry through new technologies are invited to participate in a regular competition.
Four leading edge demonstrators to jumpstart energy revolution04/04/2019 09:10:00
Managing energy though machine learning and new lithium ion battery storage are among the 4 innovative projects announced yesterday.
£9m awarded to breakthrough digital health technologies29/03/2019 15:25:00
Patients to benefit from AI, machine learning and hand-held devices as newly-funded digital projects by pioneering companies point to future of healthcare
Next step in photonic technologies: apply for funding28/03/2019 09:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £2 million to develop advanced photonic technologies in international partnerships.
Innovate UK welcomes global firm to Cell & Gene Catapult centre27/03/2019 09:10:00
TCR2 Therapeutics will become the first international organisation to work with the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult manufacturing centre.
Monitoring housing for better health: apply for funding26/03/2019 09:15:00
Organisations can apply for a share of £1.25 million to develop new ways to monitor domestic heat and energy.
Creating the 5G network: apply for funding19/03/2019 14:10:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £1 million for international partnerships that will help develop 5G internet connectivity.