HM Land Registry
July 2018 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in July 2018.
- HM Land Registry completed more than 1,794,850 applications to change or query the Land Register
- The South East topped the table of regional applications with 412,457
HM Land Registry completed 1,794,855 applications in July compared with 1,701,272 in June and 1,619,118 last July, of which:
- 408,138 were applications for register updates compared with 67,516 in June
- 860,123 were applications for an official copy of a register compared with 825,155 in June
- 231,386 were search and hold queries (official searches) compared with 226,333 in June
- 27,245 were postal applications from non-account holders compared with 24,801 in June
Applications by region and country
|Region/country||May applications||June applications||July applications|
|Yorkshire and the Humber||131,727||128,441||138,612|
|Isles of Scilly||41||66||109|
|England and Wales (not assigned)||72||72||73|
Top 5 local authority areas
|Top 5 local authority areas||May applications||Top 5 local authority areas||June applications||Top 5 local authority areas||July applications|
|City of Westminster||24,121||City of Westminster||23,468||City of Westminster||22,955|
Top 5 customers
|Top 5 customers||May applications||Top 5 customers||June applications||Top 5 customers||July applications|
|Infotrack Limited||28,453||Infotrack Limited||29,175||Infotrack Limited||30,027|
|Optima Legal Services||28,173||O’Neill Patient||26,523||O’Neill Patient||28,146|
|O’Neill Patient||26,645||Optima Legal Services||26,239||Optima Legal Services||26,763|
|TM Group (UK) Ltd||22,706||TM Group (UK) Ltd||21,465||TM Group (UK) Ltd||24,461|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the 15th working day of each month. The August Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Friday 21 September 2018 at HM Land Registry Monthly Property Transaction Data.
- The monthly Transaction Data showing how many applications for new titles, leases, splitting titles, updating existing titles, official copies of the register and search and hold queries (official searches) were received, reflects the volume of applications lodged by customers using an HM Land Registry account number on their application form.
- We are challenging ourselves to reassess our language to make our terms understandable to both our commercial and our citizen customers. This is in line with our commitment set out in the Business Strategy 2017-2022under the ‘simplicity’ element of our ambition.
- Completed applications in England and Wales shown by region and by local authority include postal applications as well as those sent electronically.
- Transaction Data excludes: pending applications; bankruptcy applications; bulk applications; and discharge applications (to remove a charge, for example a mortgage, from the register).
- Transactions for value are applications lodged involving a transfer of ownership for value. For an explanation of other terms used, see abbreviations used in the transaction data.
- Most search and hold queries (official searches) carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search and hold query will give the buyer priority for an application to HM Land Registry to register the purchase of the property. This can give an indication of market activity.
- Reasonable skill and care is used in the provision of the data. We strive to ensure that the data is as accurate as possible but cannot guarantee that it is free from error. We cannot guarantee our data is fit for your intended purpose or use.
- Transaction Data is available free of charge for use and re-use under the Open Government Licence (OGL). The licence allows public bodies to make their data available for re-use.
- If you use or publish the Transaction Data, you must add the following attribution statement: Contains HM Land Registry data © Crown copyright and database right 2018. This data is licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. HM Land Registry’s mission is to guarantee and protect property rights in England and Wales.
- HM Land Registry is a government department created in 1862. It operates as an executive agency and a trading fund and its running costs are covered by the fees paid by the users of its services. Its ambition is to become the world’s leading land registry for speed, simplicity and an open approach to data.
- HM Land Registry safeguards land and property ownership worth in excess of £4 trillion, including around £1 trillion of mortgages. The Land Register contains more than 25 million titles showing evidence of ownership for some 85% of the land mass of England and Wales.
- For further information about HM Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on Twitter @HMLandRegistry our blog and LinkedIn and Facebook
1 Bedford Park
Phone (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6pm) 0300 006 3349 or 0300 006 7543
Mobile (6pm to 8.30am, all weekend and public holidays) 07864 689 344
Latest News from
HM Land Registry
UK House Price Index for August 201818/10/2018 11:10:00
The UK HPI shows house price changes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Geovation programme continues to attract innovators16/10/2018 13:37:00
Meet the latest GeoTech and PropTech companies to join the Geovation Programme.
Improving our guidance on variations in names12/10/2018 10:25:00
HM Land Registry is making thier requirements clearer where the names in deeds sent to us for registration do not match.
Digital Local Land Charges Register goes live for City of London Corporation09/10/2018 09:25:00
HM Land Registry continues the digital transformation of homebuying through its online Local Land Charges Register.
Rejection policy widens for first registrations08/10/2018 17:02:00
Following the success of last year’s test to widen our rejection criteria, we will trial 6 more criteria from today.
HM Land Registry to explore the benefits of blockchain02/10/2018 09:25:00
HM Land Registry is exploring how blockchain technology could be used to to provide quicker and simpler services.
August 2018 Price Paid Data01/10/2018 11:10:00
HM Land Registry Price Paid Data tracks land and property sales in England and Wales submitted to us for registration.
August 2018 Transaction Data21/09/2018 14:43:00
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in August 2018.