HM Land Registry
June 2017 Transaction Data
This data provides information about the number and types of applications that HM Land Registry completed in June 2017.
- HM Land Registry completed more than 1,690,200 applications
- the South East topped the table of regional applications with 394,377
- Birmingham topped the table of applications by local authority area with 25,271
The Transaction Data shows HM Land Registry completed 1,690,237 applications from its customers in June.This included 1,662,267 applications by account holders, of which:
- 383,626 were applications in respect of registered land (dealings);
- 797,168 were applications to obtain an official copy of a register or title plan;
- 226,776 were searches; and
- 66,426 were transactions for value
Applications by region
|Yorkshire and the Humber||129,804|
|Isles of Scilly||58|
|England & Wales (not Assigned)||48|
Top three local authority areas for applications
|Local authority area||Applications|
|City of Westminster||24,288|
Top three customers for transactions for value
|Customer||Transactions for value|
|My Home Move Limited||1,558|
|Countrywide Property Lawyers||608|
Top three customers for searches
|Breeze & Wyles||8,502|
Notes to editors
- Transaction Data is published on the 15th working day of each month. The July Transaction Data will be published at 11am on Monday 21 August 2017 at HM Land Registry Monthly Property Transaction Data.
- The monthly Transaction Data shows how many applications for first registrations, leases, transfers of part, dealings, official copies and searches lodged by HM Land Registry account customers were completed. For an explanation of the terms used, see abbreviations used in the transaction data.
- Transactions for value include freehold and leasehold sales.
- Most searches carried out by a solicitor or conveyancer are to protect the purchase and/or mortgage. For example, a search will give the buyer priority for an application to HM Land Registry to register the purchase of the property.
- As a government department established in 1862, executive agency and trading fund responsible to the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, HM Land Registry keeps and maintains the Land Register for England and Wales. The Land Register has been open to public inspection since 1990.
- With the largest transactional database of its kind detailing more than 24 million titles, HM Land Registry underpins the economy by safeguarding ownership of many billions of pounds worth of property.
- For further information about HM Land Registry visit www.gov.uk/land-registry
- Follow us on:
Press office 0300 006 3349 or 0300 006 7543
Latest News from
HM Land Registry
More Application Enquiry updates for Business e-services customers18/08/2017 14:20:00
We are improving the Contact Us form in Application Enquiry.
UK House Price Index (HPI) for June 201715/08/2017 13:10:03
The UK House Price Index shows house price changes for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Application enquiry updates for Business e-services customers15/08/2017 12:20:42
HM Land Registry have improved the Application Enquiry service which business customers use to check details of any application.
Testing wider rejection for first registrations02/08/2017 14:27:35
From 14 August, we will test wider rejection criteria for applications to create new freehold or leasehold titles (first registrations).