|Printable version||E-mail this to a friend|
Making energy clean, affordable and secure: apply for funding
Businesses can apply for a share of £13 million for innovative projects that address the issues of cost, emissions and security of supply.
The Energy Catalyst has up to £13 million to support innovative market-focused projects in the energy sector both in the UK and in developing countries.
This competition is cofunded by the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. It is being run by Innovate UK.
Rapid change in energy systems
Energy systems around the world are facing rapid change. There is a clear need to address the challenge of providing energy that is clean, affordable and secure at the same time.
The competition aims to help UK businesses to grasp the opportunities on offer through meeting the challenges facing the energy sector. There are 3 types of award for projects that are at an early, mid or late stage of development.
This is the fifth round of the Energy Catalyst. More than 200 projects with a total value of £200 million have already been funded in the previous 4 rounds.
- this competition opens on 24 April 2017, and the deadline for registration is midday on 21 June 2017
- the competition is open to any UK organisation and may involve international partners
- research organisations may lead early stage projects but all projects must include a business. Mid-stage and late-stage projects must be led by a business working with at least one partner
- project costs can vary between £50,000 and £10 million depending on the stage and can last between 1 and 3 years
- businesses can attract up to 70% of their project costs
- briefing events will be held in London, Birmingham and Glasgow in April and May 2017
Latest News from
Diagnosing cancer earlier and faster: apply for funding25/07/2017 15:15:15
A total of up to £1.1 million is available to UK businesses for projects that transform screening and speed up the diagnosis of cancer.
Improving operations through machine learning: apply for funding24/07/2017 11:32:00
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £250,000 to use machine learning to help Innovate UK make better use of its operations data.
New infocus women in innovation photography exhibition opens24/07/2017 09:10:00
An Amelia Troubridge photography exhibition to inspire female innovators and challenge perceptions opens at Getty Images Gallery, London.
Improving crowd resilience: apply now for innovation funding21/07/2017 15:10:00
Organisations can apply for up to £2 million SBRI funding for projects reducing the threat from terrorists and explosives in public spaces.