Making energy clean, affordable and secure: apply for funding
Businesses can apply for a share of £13 million for innovative projects that address the issues of cost, emissions and security of supply.
The Energy Catalyst has up to £13 million to support innovative market-focused projects in the energy sector both in the UK and in developing countries.
This competition is cofunded by the Department for International Development, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council. It is being run by Innovate UK.
Rapid change in energy systems
Energy systems around the world are facing rapid change. There is a clear need to address the challenge of providing energy that is clean, affordable and secure at the same time.
The competition aims to help UK businesses to grasp the opportunities on offer through meeting the challenges facing the energy sector. There are 3 types of award for projects that are at an early, mid or late stage of development.
This is the fifth round of the Energy Catalyst. More than 200 projects with a total value of £200 million have already been funded in the previous 4 rounds.
- this competition opens on 24 April 2017, and the deadline for registration is midday on 21 June 2017
- the competition is open to any UK organisation and may involve international partners
- research organisations may lead early stage projects but all projects must include a business. Mid-stage and late-stage projects must be led by a business working with at least one partner
- project costs can vary between £50,000 and £10 million depending on the stage and can last between 1 and 3 years
- businesses can attract up to 70% of their project costs
- briefing events will be held in London, Birmingham and Glasgow in April and May 2017
Latest News from
UK firms challenged to cut freight emissions22/09/2017 12:12:00
Companies are urged to compete for up to £15 million of funding to develop technology to reduce harmful emissions from freight.
Innovate 2017: see the best in UK innovation22/09/2017 10:25:00
Some of the country’s most forward-thinking businesses will showcase their products and ideas at Innovate UK’s flagship event.
New million-pound production unit will tackle global diseases21/09/2017 12:10:00
£7.3 million investment will help battle against mosquito-borne disease and create 75 jobs for Oxitec, an Innovate UK-supported company.
Urban innovation in Singapore: opportunities for the UK12/09/2017 11:47:00
UK SMEs will travel to Singapore to meet potential partners this week - and there’s a chance for you to join the next mission in 2018.