National Crime Agency
NCA investigation into the sale of NAMA’s NI loan book update
As of 27 September:
- NCA officers have interviewed seven people under criminal caution
- Six of the seven remain under investigation and criminal suspects
- More than 40 witnesses have been interviewed
- We have conducted eight searches of properties.
- We have obtained Court Orders to obtain materials from public and private institutions.
- In May this year we arrested and interviewed two people under caution, who were subsequently released from police bail.
The investigation is a High Priority operation on the UK Serious and Organised Crime grid and covers:
- The actual NAMA NI loan book purchase and dispersal of fees offshore;
- The nature, extent and probity of the relationships and roles of persons involved in the process, including allegations of corruption.
- The broader NAMA NI loan book portfolio sale process, including previous purchase attempts and;
- Offences suspected of having been committed under UK law.
NCA deputy director Roy McComb has recently briefed the Northern Ireland Finance Minister, in confidence, on the progress of the investigation.
Since July 2015 the NCA has provided three confidential briefings to Northern Ireland Assembly’s Finance Committee.
We are investigating matters within UK jurisdiction and co-ordinating with law-enforcement agencies in Ireland, Isle of Man and the US as appropriate.
For further information please go to: http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/news/651-northern-ireland-assets-investigation
Latest News from
National Crime Agency
People smuggling suspect wanted in connection with Essex lorry deaths is arrested by the NCA18/06/2021 14:15:00
National Crime Agency officers have arrested a man wanted in connection with the smuggling of migrants found dead in a lorry in Essex in October 2019.
Operation Venetic: Former footballer guilty of northern firearms conspiracy18/06/2021 10:43:00
A former professional footballer has been convicted after firearms, ammunition and Class A drugs were seized from his home in a National Crime Agency investigation linked to Operation Venetic.
Suspected member of international organised crime group who used EncroChat arrested by NCA17/06/2021 14:15:00
A man wanted for his alleged involvement in multi-tonne cocaine importations from South America to Germany has been arrested by the National Crime Agency.
Frankfurt or Amsterdam? Sheffield cocaine smuggler ‘forgot’ where he had been17/06/2021 10:10:00
A man has been convicted after attempting to smuggle £1 million of heroin and cocaine into the UK hidden in car door panels.
Smuggler hid cocaine inside food packages17/06/2021 09:10:00
A drug smuggler who stashed hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of cocaine among cereal, coffee and baking mixes has been jailed for seven and a half years.
Five NCA officers recognised in Queen’s Birthday Honours14/06/2021 16:15:00
Five officers from the National Crime Agency working in the fields of child protection, kidnap and intelligence have been recognised in the Queen’s Birthday Honours.
Alleged member of ‘chicken run’ drug gang extradited to UK to face justice14/06/2021 14:15:00
The last man arrested as part of a National Crime Agency investigation into the alleged importation of cocaine and heroin has been extradited from the Netherlands to face the UK courts.
East London man who sought out drug dealers to earn cash in UK jailed11/06/2021 11:15:00
A man has been jailed for 10 years after a gun and cocaine worth over £1 million was found at his home, including under his child’s cot.