NEPO's 2018 Highlights
2018 has been another impressive year for NEPO and we would like to share some of the highlights with you.
- NEPO was Highly Commended in the “Procurement Team of the Year” category at the 2018 National GO Awards, in recognition of the hard work, focus and strategic insight demonstrated by procurement teams across NEPO and its Member Authorities.
- NEPO’s brand and credibility continues to grow and the increased uptake of NEPO’s solutions by Associate Members across the UK is testament to the quality and value of our procurement solutions. Our credibility was further enhanced when the Department for Education singled out NEPRO (NEPO503) and Furniture (NEPO411) on the national Deals for Schools guidance in recognition of the value, innovation and robustness of these solutions.
- The Collaborative Procurement Work Programme has developed to meet public sector requirements:
- NEPO301 Electricity was awarded to EDF Energy and is valued at £230M over its four-year term. In addition to securing financial savings the solution will provide access to innovative supply-side and demand-side models to help reduce electricity consumption and support sustainability.
- NEPO207 Building Construction Works demonstrated proactive market engagement and saw SMEs account for 70 per cent of the successful suppliers.
- NEPO508 Temporary Agency Workers was awarded to Geometric Results International (GRI) and is anticipated to deliver savings of over £650K as well as wider benefits such as real-time management information via the Microsoft Power BI reporting suite to allow for real visibility and control of spend.
- NEPO503 Specialist Professional Services (NEPRO) continues to grow and is used nationally by a range of public sector bodies. A new website was launched (www.nepro.org.uk) to help promote the solution to buyers and suppliers.
- We committed a second year of funding for NEPO Business Club, enabling the delivery of a comprehensive programme of support for our supply base:
- 811 suppliers participated in NEPO Business Club
- 45 NEPO Business Clubs events were delivered
- 97% of attendees improved their knowledge and confidence in tendering
- Attendees reported business growth in terms of job creation and apprenticeship placements, that they attributed to their participation
- A series of video guides was launched to maximise the reach of our support for supplier.
- The Social Value Delivery Group launched several pilot projects to test the National TOMs, and we were delighted to see the pilot led by Stockton Borough Council (regarding CCTV procurement) receive a National Social Value Award.
- The NEPO Portal has continued to provide North East suppliers with a route to identify opportunities and compete for public sector business.
We look forward to building on these strengths in 2019 and sharing news of our ambitious Systems Integration Project, learning from the National TOMs pilot projects, and additions to the work programme including NEPRO³, all implemented under a revitalised strategy that reflects our commitment to ensuring collaborative procurement delivers for the region.
Once again, thank you for your valued support and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Latest News from
NEPO commence procurement of NEPRO³, a public sector solution for specialist professional services08/02/2019 15:38:00
NEPO has commenced the procurement of NEPRO³ , a nationally-available solution for specialist professional services.
North Tyneside Council DPS for Housing and Operational, Schools and Commercial Buildings.08/02/2019 12:42:00
North Tyneside Council has invited relevant suppliers to apply to join Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) for Housing and Operational, Schools and Commercial Buildings.
Supplier Questionnaire: Highways Technical Surveys06/02/2019 12:15:00
Sunderland City Council, acting on behalf of NEPO, is exploring future options for the provision of Highways Technical Surveys.
Workshop: Wellbeing & Social Ergonomics In The Public Sector31/01/2019 11:15:00
This event is hosted by NEPO, in collaboration with Albany Contract (supplier to NEPO’s Furniture solution) and Workpattern. It is a free to attend event for all NEPO Member Authorities, Associate Members and public sector organisations.
Supplier event: Delivering professional services via NEPRO30/01/2019 16:15:00
Learn how to win professional services business with the public sector in the North East via NEPRO,
FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 201928/01/2019 16:15:00
The hunt is well underway for the best small business in the North East.
Market Consultation Event: Legal Services28/01/2019 13:42:00
NEPO’s solution for Legal Services is due to expire 31 July 2019. Newcastle City Council will lead the procurement of the next iteration of the solution.
Suppliers can update their tendering skills with NEPO Business Club17/01/2019 11:25:00
The NEPO Business Club offers a programme of free events for suppliers interested in improving their public sector tendering skills.