NEPO's 2018 Highlights
2018 has been another impressive year for NEPO and we would like to share some of the highlights with you.
- NEPO was Highly Commended in the “Procurement Team of the Year” category at the 2018 National GO Awards, in recognition of the hard work, focus and strategic insight demonstrated by procurement teams across NEPO and its Member Authorities.
- NEPO’s brand and credibility continues to grow and the increased uptake of NEPO’s solutions by Associate Members across the UK is testament to the quality and value of our procurement solutions. Our credibility was further enhanced when the Department for Education singled out NEPRO (NEPO503) and Furniture (NEPO411) on the national Deals for Schools guidance in recognition of the value, innovation and robustness of these solutions.
- The Collaborative Procurement Work Programme has developed to meet public sector requirements:
- NEPO301 Electricity was awarded to EDF Energy and is valued at £230M over its four-year term. In addition to securing financial savings the solution will provide access to innovative supply-side and demand-side models to help reduce electricity consumption and support sustainability.
- NEPO207 Building Construction Works demonstrated proactive market engagement and saw SMEs account for 70 per cent of the successful suppliers.
- NEPO508 Temporary Agency Workers was awarded to Geometric Results International (GRI) and is anticipated to deliver savings of over £650K as well as wider benefits such as real-time management information via the Microsoft Power BI reporting suite to allow for real visibility and control of spend.
- NEPO503 Specialist Professional Services (NEPRO) continues to grow and is used nationally by a range of public sector bodies. A new website was launched (www.nepro.org.uk) to help promote the solution to buyers and suppliers.
- We committed a second year of funding for NEPO Business Club, enabling the delivery of a comprehensive programme of support for our supply base:
- 811 suppliers participated in NEPO Business Club
- 45 NEPO Business Clubs events were delivered
- 97% of attendees improved their knowledge and confidence in tendering
- Attendees reported business growth in terms of job creation and apprenticeship placements, that they attributed to their participation
- A series of video guides was launched to maximise the reach of our support for supplier.
- The Social Value Delivery Group launched several pilot projects to test the National TOMs, and we were delighted to see the pilot led by Stockton Borough Council (regarding CCTV procurement) receive a National Social Value Award.
- The NEPO Portal has continued to provide North East suppliers with a route to identify opportunities and compete for public sector business.
We look forward to building on these strengths in 2019 and sharing news of our ambitious Systems Integration Project, learning from the National TOMs pilot projects, and additions to the work programme including NEPRO³, all implemented under a revitalised strategy that reflects our commitment to ensuring collaborative procurement delivers for the region.
Once again, thank you for your valued support and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Latest News from
Highways Surfacing and Road Markings: Soft Market Testing Exercise14/05/2019 14:15:00
Darlington Borough Council has published a survey (or Soft Market Testing Exercise – SMTE) to take views from contractors involved in highways surfacing and road markings.
NEPO Highly Commended at the National GO Awards02/05/2019 11:15:00
NEPO has been Highly Commended in the “Procurement Project of the Year (above £20M) – Local Government and Consortia” category at the National GO Awards held on 30 April 2019.
NEPO supplier supports Local Welfare Provision scheme25/04/2019 12:15:00
NEPO’s nationally available solution for Furniture has been in place since 2017.
NEPO seek supplier for Social Care Research and Information Tool19/04/2019 09:15:00
The twelve North East local authorities want to ensure that their Adult and Children’s Social Care workforce are skilled and knowledgeable to deliver quality services to Children, Young People and families that access their services.
Join us at the Public Sector Solutions Expo in June17/04/2019 16:15:00
NEPO is proud to be supporting the Public Sector Solutions Expo, the UK’s must attend event for those looking to enter into, or grow their share of, the UK public procurement market.
NEPO supplier scoops North East Business Award15/04/2019 16:15:00
NEPO was delighted to see SME supplier, Bloom Procurement Services, scoop the ‘Let’s Grow’ award at the recent Northumberland & Tyneside North East Business Awards.
NEPO recognised in national GO Awards shortlist12/04/2019 16:15:00
NEPO has been shortlisted across two categories in the national GO Awards 2019.
Meet NEPO at Procurex National12/04/2019 12:15:00
NEPO is proud to support Procurex National as an official event partner.