NEPO’s social value ambitions
NEPO’s three-year strategy includes ambitious plans to ensure that the millions spent through public procurement creates value within the local economy, positively impacting our communities and the environment.
Over the past four years, NEPO’s procurement solutions have driven job creation, apprenticeship placements and reduced carbon emissions, representing social value commitments totalling £215m. We want to go further over the next three years. We have worked with regional stakeholders to identify where we can make the greatest impact, and have taken that insight to develop a delivery plan with six key areas of activity:
- Embed the North East social value model in everything that we do
- Stimulate economic growth through job opportunities, apprenticeship placements and training
- Tackle environmental challenges, delivering on net zero ambitions, and harnessing the region’s talent and innovation to show that the North East is leading the way
- Collaborate with key regional stakeholders, including the Combined Authorities, Local Enterprise Partnership and anchor institutions, such as universities, to deliver on our shared ambition
- Support our suppliers, acting as a trusted partner, to ensure that they can achieve their ambitions and create growth and opportunity
- Recognise and celebrate supplier success to show that the North East is not a problem to be solved, but a solution to the UK’s challenges
Latest News from
Market Consultation: NEPO233 Retrofit and Decarbonisation Works28/07/2022 11:15:00
NEPO has invited contractors to participate in market consultation activity to help shape a new procurement solution for the provision of retrofit and decarbonisation services within the North East region.
Introducing our Annual Report22/07/2022 09:15:00
The Collaborative Procurement Performance Report 2021/22 is now available to download.
Tender opportunity: NEPO212 Support Services for the Development of the Built Environment21/07/2022 11:15:00
NEPO has issued an Invitation to Tender (ITT) for a new solution covering support services for the built environment.
Oxygen Finance publish analysis of local authority spending08/07/2022 11:15:00
Oxygen Finance, sole supplier to NEPO521 Early Payment Service, has launched their latest Almanac, a Third Party Spend review of 2019 to 2021 in partnership with EY.
Tender opportunity: NEPO529 Events Management & Infrastructure24/06/2022 12:15:00
NEPO has issued an Invitation to Tender (ITT) for a new solution covering the provision of events management and infrastructure services.
North East councils deliver social value by paying small businesses early05/05/2022 14:15:00
North East councils are leading the way in helping small businesses get paid faster, supported by NEPO.
NEPO scoops National Social Value Award29/04/2022 11:15:00
NEPO have been crowned winners of the Best Public Sector Project Award at the National Social Value Awards 2022.
Tender opportunity: NEPO214 Grounds Maintenance Equipment and Plant27/04/2022 09:15:00
NEPO, working in partnership with TPPL, has issued an Invitation to Tender (ITT) for a new solution covering the provision of grounds maintenance equipment and plant.