NHS Digital publishes collaborative report with Ofsted on early years data
A collaborative report between NHS Digital and Ofsted, published yesterday, investigates how sources of early years data can be used together to enrich analysis and insight into child development.
The Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3) Analysis is published as an additional supplement within the Children and Young People's Health Services Statistics, Experimental Statistics, England - May 2017 monthly statistical report which was published yesterday.
The questionnaire is used by health professionals to assess children around their second birthday and identify those who may require additional support with their learning and development in order to be ready for school by age 5.
NHS Digital and Ofsted have produced this collaborative report to describe the results of exploratory analysis on ASQ-3 data relating to the 24, 27 and 30 months review submitted to the Children and Young People's Health Services (CYPHS) Data Set between October 2016 and March 2017.
It is important to note that statistics produced from the CYPHS data set in this report are classified as experimental and that certain limitations may apply in interpretation due to data quality.
The report has three interconnected focuses:
- Variation in child development by location (region and local authority of residence)
- Personal characteristics (gender, ethnicity and first language)
- Deprivation (income deprivation affecting children index / IDACI)
The report also includes an experimental comparison between ASQ-3 scores and the Department for Education's Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP) good level of development outcomes.
Follow this link to view the full report: https://digital.nhs.uk/pubs/cyphsmay17
Notes to editors
- NHS Digital is the national information and technology provider for the health and care system. Our team of information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend. During the 2015/16 financial year, NHS Digital published 294 statistical reports. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to make health and care better.
- For media enquiries please contact email@example.com or telephone 0300 30 33 888.
Latest News from
NHS Digital publishes guidance on data off-shoring and cloud computing for health and social care19/01/2018 14:20:00
National guidance has been published today, setting clear expectations for health and care organisations who want to use cloud services or data offshoring to store patient information.
NHS Digital comment on Reform report into Artificial Intelligence in health care12/01/2018 15:15:15
In light of the think-tank Reform's report into the use of Artificial Intelligence in health care, NHS Digital's Director of Data, Professor Daniel Ray, commented on the paper's recommendations about the need to get data right in order to progress the use of artificial intelligence in health care.
NHS Digital staff shortlisted for Women in IT Awards10/01/2018 17:05:00
NHS Digital staff have been shortlisted in for the Women in IT Awards 2018.
NHS Digital welcomes introduction of CQC's new rating system for digital GP tools03/01/2018 14:05:00
NHS Digital's Programme Director for Apps and Wearables has welcomed the announcement from the Department of Health that the CQC will be given the power to rate digital GP tools.