NHS Digital statement on Health Select Committee's report into patient data sharing
In relation to the Health Select Committee's report into the memorandum of understanding on data sharing between NHS Digital and the Home Office, NHS Digital's Chief Executive, Sarah Wilkinson, has issued the following statement.
Sarah Wilkinson, Chief Executive at NHS Digital said: "We will consider the Health Select Committee's report carefully and will take into account any new evidence as it becomes available, but we have been through a rigorous process to assess the release of demographic data to the Home Office. This has established that there is a legal basis for the release and has assured us that it is in the public interest to share limited demographic data in very specific circumstances."
Ipsos MORI polling results
- Results are based on 2,000 interviews conducted via telephone among a representative sample of adults aged 18+, living within England. Of these, 1,000 interviews were conducted between 8th and 12th March 2018 and 1,000 were conducted between 22nd and 25th March, both using the same methodology.
- Data are weighted to ensure they are representative of the English population.
- Where results do not sum to 100%, this may be due to multiple responses, computer rounding or the exclusion of 'don't know/ not stated' response categories.
- An asterisk (*) represents a value of less than half of one per cent, but greater than zero.
- The summary code 'important' includes all those who say 'very important' or 'fairly important' and the summary code 'not important' includes all those who say 'not very important and 'not at all important'. Likewise, the summary code 'support' includes all those saying 'strongly support' and 'tend to support' and the summary code 'oppose' includes all those saying 'strongly oppose' and 'tend to oppose'.
Latest News from
NHS Digital and PHIN launch consultation on next phase of Acute Data Alignment Programme19/02/2020 15:05:00
NHS Digital and the Private Healthcare Information Network (PHIN) have launched a consultation as part of the next phase of a programme to align private healthcare data with NHS recorded activity.
Digital midwives win prestigious award for their use of tech14/02/2020 16:25:00
An NHS Digital-run group for digital midwives has won an award for 'Use of Technology in Midwifery' at the British Journal of Midwifery awards.
Latest patient outcomes data on hip and knee replacements published today13/02/2020 14:25:00
The results from questionnaires completed by patients who have undergone hip and knee replacements have been published by NHS Digital today.
Local digital adult social care projects awarded share of £4.5m12/02/2020 09:15:00
Sixteen organisations that provide and commission adult social care services are to receive a share of £4.5m to enable them to roll out their local digital projects on a wider scale.
Digital champions key to tackling distrust in online health confidentiality07/02/2020 12:43:00
A lack of skills and a distrust of health information online are two of the biggest barriers for patients to use the internet, according to new research.
Analysis of Pathways NHS111 calls linked to hospital attendances published07/02/2020 09:15:00
NHS Digital yesterday published the experimental statistics analysing data from Pathways1 NHS111 calls linked to Hospital Episode Statistics.
National expansion of Real Time Exemption Checking service for prescriptions06/02/2020 14:15:00
An NHS electronic system which enables pharmacies to immediately check if a patient is eligible for free prescriptions is being rolled out nationally.
Around 360,000 admissions to hospital as a result of alcohol in 2018/1905/02/2020 09:15:00
Drinking alcohol was the main reason for 358,000 admissions to hospital in 2018/19 according to new figures published yesterday by NHS Digital.