National Lottery Making A Difference
We’re showcasing projects that help young people get active as part of a campaign by National Lottery distributors.
We know that sport and activity has the power to transform lives.
Whether it’s the news that 10 minutes of brisk walking each dayOpen in a new window can make a big difference to your health, pioneering investment to look into the role of sport in tackling crimeor accreditation schemes to support talented young athletes, sport and activity has a huge role to play.
Catering For Everyone
It sounds obvious, but the impact of doing something is better than doing nothing at all. It only takes a small amount of regular activity to make a big difference – especially for those who are least active.
The benefits of regular exercise stretch beyond mental and physical wellbeing too, improving local communities, the economy and social development.
This is why we’re working so that everyone in England, regardless of age, background or ability, feels able to take part in sport or activity. Some might be fit and talented, but others won’t be so confident.
Without the support of the National Lottery, we wouldn’t be able to do much of the work that we do
From traditional team sports to activities like walking or going to the gym – we’re building an active nation that caters for everyone.
Key to this vision is funding from the National Lottery. It is behind many of the projects we’ve supported over the years.
For 2016-17, National Lottery funding made up around 66 per cent of the money we awarded to projects for the year, with the remaining 34 per cent provided by the Government.
Latest News from
A New Way Of Sharing Our Grants Data15/01/2018 12:05:00
We're fully committed to sharing information on our funding in an open and accessible manner.
Riding Through Tough Times12/01/2018 12:05:00
To mark Mental Health Awareness Week, we tell the story of Keri – who found cycling in her battle to overcome the “black dog”.
The Clear Link Between Being Active And Mental Wellbeing14/12/2017 13:37:00
New Active Lives data adds to growing evidence that being active benefits people’s mental wellbeing.
Further playing fields safeguarded11/12/2017 09:25:00
We continue to protect the nation’s playing fields – places that are crucial for sport and activity to thrive