New funding for Defence Innovation Priorities
£1m of Defence Innovation funding has been set aside for civil sector support for the Ministry of Defence's (MOD) innovation priorities.
Industry and academia are being urged to submit their ideas to help MOD with its most pressing problems to face future threats.
The Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA) will oversee the Innovation Focus Areas and is particularly keen to hear from those who’ve never before worked with Defence.
Last year, MOD outlined its five innovation priorities which were considered to be the priority themes and topics, with shared risks and issues. The challenges are to:
- Integrate information and physical activity across all domains: how can we integrate information and physical activity across domains (particularly space and cyber), and synchronise with wider government to increase understanding and operational tempo?
- Deliver agile command and control: how can we deliver agile command and control, to make faster, better decisions and generate decisive advantage in complex operations?
- Operate and deliver effects in contested domains: how can we operate and deliver military outcomes in denied and contested domains?
- Defence people, skills, knowledge and experience: how can we access people with the right skills, knowledge and experience?
- Simulate future battlespace complexity: how do we represent future battlespace complexity and higher levels of integration in training, wargaming and experimentation?
Suppliers can bid for funding by submitting their ideas through the Open Call for Innovation. If you have an idea and aren’t sure if it fits the bill, DASA’s Innovation Partners are on hand to advise.
To find out more about how to apply for any of these projects – please click here. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Fred Sugden, Head of Defence at techUK at Fred.Sugden@techuk.org.
Latest News from
The Government's R&D roadmap sets high ambitions for UK science02/07/2020 14:25:00
The roadmap sets out the Government's vision to make the UK a global science and R&D superpower.
WITSA Awards | Extended Deadline & New COVID-related Award Categories02/07/2020 11:25:00
Applications are still open! Due to COVID-19 situation, the WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards have now for the first time been moved into virtual space – with extended...
Data centres eligible for funding under IETF02/07/2020 09:33:00
Government explicitly includes data centres in the scope of the Industrial Energy Transformation Fund.
Matt Pullen from CyrusOne joins Data Centre Council01/07/2020 17:02:00
The UK Council of Data Centre Operators has recently appointed Matt Pullen to help the group in its work setting strategic direction for activity.
Tech Partnership Degrees to join forces with techUK01/07/2020 16:25:00
Tech Partnership Degrees is to join forces with techUK as part of a strategy to accelerate the impact of employers acting collaboratively on UK digital skills.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson makes speech on Economic Recovery01/07/2020 11:25:00
The Prime Minister in a speech in the West Midlands, yesterday set out a roadmap to economic recovery post-COVID.
Building the Future We Need: West Midlands Digital Dialogue30/06/2020 11:25:00
techUK is hosting the second in a series of conversations across the UK to understand the local impact of COVID-19 and to think forward to the economic recovery that we...
Ofcom consultations: copper retirement and WT Act licence charges26/06/2020 11:25:00
Ofcom welcomes views on determining when copper regulation can be removed, and proposals to make the WT Act (Licence Charges) Regulations 2020.