UK online centres
New funding opportunity: Accenture 19/20 Future-Friendly Skills for Work
Do you support people with digital skills relating to work and employment? In partnership with Accenture and our Online Centres Network, we want to engage and support 1,400 people to re-skill as digital technology continues to change our jobs and workplaces.
With grants of £2,800, this is an exciting, exploratory project which will deliver:
- Re-skilling opportunities to 1,400 people across the UK
- Resources to participating Online Centres to improve their role in re-skilling local people
- A practical toolkit, and a policy research report, based on evaluation findings.
This project is aimed at individuals aged 30-50 with no, low or limited digital skills or confidence who are interested in building their digital capability to be ready for future job opportunities.
We aim to fund 15-20 Online Centres to take part. Successful centres will:
- Learn through trialling new approaches and participating in the evaluation
- Identify and involve participants from the target group (for example, through links or referrals from local employers, JobCentre Plus)
- Develop learning journeys and support participants to build their digital skills, confidence and capability for work
- Help participants to understand the changing world of work and be ready for this.
Applications close Friday 6 September at 5:30pm.
Latest News from
UK online centres
Get Online Week 2020 - sign-up open23/07/2020 15:43:00
Get Online Week is coming and we’re saying: now is the time to help others get online.
Virtual Meet Up & Training for Community Partners20/07/2020 14:38:00
Online Centres Network understand many of you are facing new challenges in light of the current situation.
New free bid writing critical friend service09/07/2020 13:15:00
Good Things Foundation is providing a new Critical Friend service to support members of the Online Centres Network who are applying for one of the various Covid-19 response funding opportunities that have opened in recent weeks.
Applications now open to become a Census Support Service Centre28/05/2020 12:15:00
Good Things Foundation has been contracted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to support the delivery of the next Census in England and Wales.
Joining the network: support in a time of change19/05/2020 15:10:00
150 organisations have joined the Network since the end of March – and many have refreshed their memberships which may have lapsed due to other priorities or changes in staffing.
Funding: Coronavirus resilience grants for Online Centres09/04/2020 13:33:00
Good Things Foundation launches fund to provide short-term support for Online Centres at risk of closure due to the Coronavirus crisis.
Stories from the community: operating during a pandemic03/04/2020 13:15:00
With the spread of the coronavirus around the UK and much of the world, we’re facing challenging times ahead.
Coronavirus: responding to your insight03/04/2020 10:15:00
Over the last two weeks of our lives, communities and day to day patterns have all undergone unimaginable change as the threat and impact of Coronavirus became increasingly real.