Newly Accredited Archive Services
The UK Archive Service Accreditation Partnership are pleased to announce the latest cohort of newly accredited archive services following a recent meeting of the Archive Service Accreditation Panel.
The Archive Service Accreditation Panel recognised the following Archive Services as achieving accredited status:
- Royal Society Library and Archive
- University of Kent Special Collections and Archives
- University of Leicester: Archives and Special Collections
- Bank of England Archive
- Barnsley Archives and Local Studies
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives and Library
- Ceredigion Archives
- East Anglian Film Archive
- East Riding of Yorkshire Archives and Local Studies
- Knowsley Archive Service
- Liverpool Record Office
- Lloyds Banking Group Archives
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Archives Service
- National Theatre Archive
- North Yorkshire County Record Office
- Orkney Archive
- Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
- St John’s College Archive, University of Cambridge
The Archive Service Accreditation Panel also approved the retention of accredited status at the three-year review stage for Archive Service Accreditation for the following archive services:
- Lancashire Archives
- Lincolnshire Archives
- London Metropolitan Archives
- The National Archives
This brings the total number archive services achieving Archive Service Accreditation to 104.
Latest News from
New digital training scheme awarded £720,600 from Heritage Lottery Fund16/02/2018 11:25:00
The National Archives has been awarded £720,600 to create 24 new digital traineeships following a successful bid for National Lottery funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF).
“Suffrage Tales” film premiered last night15/02/2018 13:20:00
A stop-motion animation about the women’s suffrage movement created by a group of 14 teenagers using records held at The National Archives had its debut showing last night.
Call for papers: DCDC1814/02/2018 11:15:00
The National Archives and Research Libraries UK invite submissions for this year’s Discovering Collections Discovering Communities (DCDC) conference, which will be held between 19 and 21 November at the Birmingham Conference and Events Centre.
Suffragette City: Tickets on sale for new immersive experience13/02/2018 15:15:15
The National Archives is collaborating with the National Trust to recreate the life of a Suffragette activist in the years before the partial grant of the vote to women in 1918.
Collaborative project announced to recreate Public Record of Ireland09/02/2018 11:15:00
The National Archives is one of four partners supporting a ground-breaking project to digitally reconstruct the building and contents of the Public Record Office of Ireland, destroyed by fire at Dublin’s Four Courts complex at the outset of the Irish Civil War.