Newly Accredited Archive Services
The UK Archive Service Accreditation Partnership are pleased to announce the latest cohort of newly accredited archive services following a recent meeting of the Archive Service Accreditation Panel.
The Archive Service Accreditation Panel recognised the following Archive Services as achieving accredited status:
- Royal Society Library and Archive
- University of Kent Special Collections and Archives
- University of Leicester: Archives and Special Collections
- Bank of England Archive
- Barnsley Archives and Local Studies
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives and Library
- Ceredigion Archives
- East Anglian Film Archive
- East Riding of Yorkshire Archives and Local Studies
- Knowsley Archive Service
- Liverpool Record Office
- Lloyds Banking Group Archives
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine Archives Service
- National Theatre Archive
- North Yorkshire County Record Office
- Orkney Archive
- Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland
- St John’s College Archive, University of Cambridge
The Archive Service Accreditation Panel also approved the retention of accredited status at the three-year review stage for Archive Service Accreditation for the following archive services:
- Lancashire Archives
- Lincolnshire Archives
- London Metropolitan Archives
- The National Archives
This brings the total number archive services achieving Archive Service Accreditation to 104.
Latest News from
Citation Capture research project announced12/12/2017 13:20:00
The National Archives is delighted to announce the launch of a major research project in partnership with Research Libraries UK and Jisc.
Booking now open for ‘There will be wings’ conference04/12/2017 09:15:00
On 2 March 2018, The National Archives is hosting ‘There will be wings: the First World War origins of the RAF’ – a one-day conference to mark the centenary of the Royal Air Force.
Changes to records details pages in DiscoveryChanges to records details pages in Discovery02/12/2017 11:10:00
Recently we carried out a user research project on Discovery, our catalogue, which identified a number of issues and themes for us to explore further.
Latest MI5 files released29/11/2017 12:25:00
64 previously top secret files from the UK Security Service, or MI5 were yesterday made available to the public by National Archive.