Non-Domestic Rates Relief Statistics Scotland, 2019
An Official Statistics Publication for Scotland.
Scotland’s Chief Statistician yesterday published statistics on the reliefs and exemptions from non-domestic rates that were in place at the end of May 2019.
These figures were produced by independent statistical staff free from any political influence, in accordance with professional standards set out in the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
As at 31 May 2019:
- there were a total of 169,760 reliefs being awarded with a total value of £738 million
- of all properties on the valuation roll, 62% were in receipt of relief (158,690 properties) and some properties were in receipt of more than one relief
- 142,610 properties (56% of the Valuation Roll) received reliefs accounting for 100% of the gross bill - 111,040 of these were in receipt of 100% Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) relief
- three types of relief - SBBS, Charity and Empty Property - accounted for 92% of all reliefs awarded, and 79% of the total value of reliefs
- there were 120,420 recipients of SBBS relief at the snapshot date in 2019, 6,480 more than at the same time in 2018
- the amount of SBBS relief awarded was £266 million, up from £248 million at the same time in 2018
- The full statistical publication is available at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Local-Government-Finance/NDR-Rates-Relief
- Further information on Local Government Finance Statistics within Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Local-Government-Finance
- More information on the standards of official statistics in Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/About
- More information on non-domestic rates relief in Scotland can be accessed at: https://www.gov.scot/publications/local-government-finance-circular-5-2019-non-domestic-rates-relief-for-2019-2020/
Latest News from
Greater protection for care leavers welcomed12/11/2019 15:05:00
Recommendations to improve support for care leavers at risk of homelessness have been welcomed by Housing Minister Kevin Stewart.
Flooding action plan launched12/11/2019 10:05:00
An action plan to help homeowners and businesses prevent damage caused by flooding has been launched.
Tourism fund now open for applications11/11/2019 16:05:00
Tourist sites in Scotland’s rural areas can now apply for a share of £3 million funding aimed at helping them meet the demand of growing visitor numbers.
Strengthening the hospital workforce11/11/2019 10:05:00
Hospital patients and staff will benefit from the creation of 70 new posts for trainee doctors in several medical specialities.
Handling of deaths in prison08/11/2019 15:05:00
Justice Secretary announces independent expert review.
Circular Economy Bill08/11/2019 10:05:00
Businesses, industry and individuals are being encouraged to seize on the nation’s talent for innovation by re-thinking how we use and reuse materials.