Non-Domestic Rates Relief Statistics Scotland, 2019
An Official Statistics Publication for Scotland.
Scotland’s Chief Statistician yesterday published statistics on the reliefs and exemptions from non-domestic rates that were in place at the end of May 2019.
These figures were produced by independent statistical staff free from any political influence, in accordance with professional standards set out in the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
As at 31 May 2019:
- there were a total of 169,760 reliefs being awarded with a total value of £738 million
- of all properties on the valuation roll, 62% were in receipt of relief (158,690 properties) and some properties were in receipt of more than one relief
- 142,610 properties (56% of the Valuation Roll) received reliefs accounting for 100% of the gross bill - 111,040 of these were in receipt of 100% Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) relief
- three types of relief - SBBS, Charity and Empty Property - accounted for 92% of all reliefs awarded, and 79% of the total value of reliefs
- there were 120,420 recipients of SBBS relief at the snapshot date in 2019, 6,480 more than at the same time in 2018
- the amount of SBBS relief awarded was £266 million, up from £248 million at the same time in 2018
- The full statistical publication is available at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Local-Government-Finance/NDR-Rates-Relief
- Further information on Local Government Finance Statistics within Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Local-Government-Finance
- More information on the standards of official statistics in Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/About
- More information on non-domestic rates relief in Scotland can be accessed at: https://www.gov.scot/publications/local-government-finance-circular-5-2019-non-domestic-rates-relief-for-2019-2020/
Latest News from
Driving international climate action25/09/2020 15:05:00
Scotland assumes European role ahead of critical COP26 talks.
£24bn infrastructure plan will boost jobs25/09/2020 12:05:00
Tens of thousands of jobs will be supported by the Scottish Government’s new £24 billion Draft Infrastructure Investment Plan (IIP).
COVID-19 spending reaches £6.5bn25/09/2020 10:05:00
Autumn Budget Revision outlines latest funding allocations.
Scottish Sea Fisheries Statistics 201925/09/2020 08:05:00
The Chief Statistician released figures that show that in 2019, Scottish registered fishing vessels landed 393 thousand tonnes of sea fish and shellfish with a gross value of £582 million.
Helping communities through the pandemic24/09/2020 17:17:17
The Scottish Government has now committed more than £350 million to support communities during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): NHS pain management services24/09/2020 15:05:00
Framework to support the recovery and re-mobilisation of specialist pain management services.
First Minister calls for urgent four nation coronavirus talks24/09/2020 12:05:00
Scale and urgency of the situation demands joint working to find solutions.
Monthly GDP Estimates for July24/09/2020 08:05:00
Scotland’s GDP increased by 6.8% in July, according to statistics announced yesterday by the Chief Statistician.