Non-Domestic Rates Revaluation Appeals Statistics, Scotland 2019-20 Q3
An Official Statistics Publication for Scotland.
Scotland’s Chief Statistician has published statistics on the progress and results of non-domestic rates revaluation appeals following the 2010 and 2017 revaluations.
These figures were produced by independent statistical staff free from any political influence, in accordance with professional standards set out in the Code of Practice for Official Statistics.
As at 31 December 2019:
- a total of 56,526 appeals against the 2017 revaluation have been resolved, with an original rateable value (RV) of £2,921 million - representing 76% of the 73,892 appealed properties and 54% of the £5,393 million appealed RV
- a total of 17,366 appeals against the 2017 revaluation are still outstanding - representing £2,473 million of appealed RV
- over 70% of appeals resolved to date – 40,388 - did not result in any change in rateable value.
- the RV decrease to date of £199 million is associated with 16,138 resolved appeals
- 2010 revaluation appeals have been resolved for over 99% of properties for which an appeal has been received - 66,924 of 67,026
- as a result of 2010 revaluation appeals, the rateable value of properties for which appeals have been resolved was reduced by £265 million
Updates will be provided on the total number and value of appeals lodged against the 2010 and 2017 revaluations and their progress in subsequent publications.
This statistical publication covers revaluation appeals only. It does not cover material change of circumstances (running roll) appeals.
The full statistical publication is available at https://www.gov.scot/publications/non-domestic-rates-revaluation-appeals/
Further information on Local Government Finance Statistics within Scotland can be accessed at: https://www.gov.scot/collections/local-government-finance-statistics/
Official statistics are produced by professionally independent statistical staff – more information on the standards of official statistics in Scotland can be accessed at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/About
Latest News from
Social distancing enforcement measures in place27/03/2020 15:25:00
New powers will help ensure compliance and save lives.
COVID-19: Declaration of a serious and imminent threat to public health27/03/2020 09:05:00
The Coronavirus Bill was given Royal Assent on 25 March 2020. The powers in schedule 21 and 22 of the Bill (powers relating to potentially infectious persons and powers relating to events, gatherings and premises in Scotland) will commence on Royal Assent. However, the exercise of these powers in Scotland is contingent upon declarations being made by the Scottish Ministers.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: First Minister's speech 25 March 202026/03/2020 15:05:00
Statement given by First Minister Nicola Sturgeon at a media briefing on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
New expert group to study spread of COVID-1926/03/2020 13:05:00
Scottish panel of scientists established to provide extra analysis.
Protecting workers during coronavirus outbreak26/03/2020 12:05:00
Joint statement from Scottish Government and STUC.
Coronavirus support for seafood fishing industry26/03/2020 10:05:00
Extra payments to help sector through coronavirus outbreak.
Supporting coronavirus key workers26/03/2020 09:05:00
To ensure front line staff in the fight against coronavirus (COVID-19) have access to essential childcare provision, employers are being urged to think critically about what staff are considered key workers.
Shielding people ‘at risk’ from coronavirus25/03/2020 16:51:00
Tailored support to protect those at highest risk.