Non-animal technologies: business funding for new developments
£6 million in funding for innovative businesses to apply non-animal technologies to early development of new medicines and chemicals.
Innovate UK and its funding partners will support business projects to develop non-animal technologies.
If your company is looking to develop the commercial potential of your idea in this area, you could win a share of £6 million. Projects funded should help predict human and animal responses in:
- early drug development
- veterinary medicine development
- chemical development
- consumer product development
Our aim is not to just to replace animal models. We’re looking to produce better tests and systems that can accurately predict:
- environmental effects
Our funding partners are:
- the National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs)
- the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- the Medical Research Council
- the competition opens on 23 March 2015
- we expect projects to last 2 to 3 years and to range in size from total costs of £500,000 to £1 million
- funding will be at 60% for SMEs and 50% for large companies
- a briefing day for potential applicants will be held in London on 26 March 2015 and a number of networking events will take place in February 2015
- this competition is open to businesses working in partnership with other businesses and/or academic and research organisations
Latest News from
DASA launches DTEP29/07/2022 12:25:00
The Defence Technology Exploitation Programme (DTEP) is a £16 million programme to boost small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) defence innovation.
Prime Minister signs landmark science agreement with New Zealand04/07/2022 11:22:00
Prime Minister agrees major Research, Science and Innovation Arrangement with New Zealand.
Government pledges £7.6 million for rail innovation12/04/2022 12:12:00
Funding given to create cutting-edge technology that will help transform rail travel.
Cycle 3 of Defence Innovation Loans now open21/10/2021 15:20:00
Loans up to £1.6m available. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to commercialise your defence solution.
Business Secretary appoints 6 new non-executive directors to UK Research and Innovation board27/09/2021 09:12:00
Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng has confirmed the appointment of 6 new non-executive directors to the board of UKRI.
World’s first green submarine among winners of the UK’s biggest clean maritime competition15/09/2021 12:22:00
Winners of clean maritime competition announced as the UK's greenest cruise terminal opens in Southampton.
Five UK companies have progressed through to the next phase of a £5.5 million radioactive waste segregation competition.14/09/2021 10:12:00
The ‘Sort & Seg’ innovation competition, launched in July 2020, set the challenge of finding ways to sort and segregate mixed radioactive waste at some of the UK’s oldest nuclear sites.
Cycle 2 of Defence Innovation Loans now open12/08/2021 10:15:00
Loans up to £1.6m available. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to commercialise your defence solution