Ofgem to appoint SSE as supplier of last resort for customers of Cardiff Energy Supply
Cardiff Energy Supply, a small supplier with approximately 800 domestic gas customers, will be ceasing to trade. Ofgem has appointed SSE as the supplier of last resort for these customers.
Customers do not need to worry, they will continue to receive gas supplies as normal and credit balances will be protected. Pre-payment customers can continue to top up as normal.
Notes to editors
- Cardiff Energy Supply’s customers will be supplied gas by SSE as of 9 Aug 2019. Accounts will be fully set up over the coming weeks.
- SSE will be in touch with customers in the coming days. Any questions customers have should be directed to SSE.
- SSE will honour the credit balances of current and former Cardiff Energy Supply customers.
- Current and former customers who owe money, or are in debit to Cardiff Energy Supply should wait to hear from SSE or Cardiff Energy Supply’s administrators.
- Pre-payment customers can continue to top up as normal while their account with SSE is set up; once their account is set up with SSE they will receive a new top up card.
- SSE will be in touch with customers with direct debits to explain how to set their account and a new Direct Debit.
- If customers they need additional support, call Citizens Advice on 03454 04 05 06 or email them via their webform. Advice will also be shared on Ofgem’s twitter @ofgemand facebook channels.
- Cardiff Energy customers with questions should email SSE’s on: email@example.com, or call 0345 073 7729 for general enquiries, or 0345 026 0712 for pre-payment customers
For media, contact
Michelle Amos: 020 7901 1881
Media out of hours mobile: 07766 511470 (media calls only)
General enquiries (non-media)
If you are an energy customer looking for help and advice, including complaints about energy firms, please see our Household gas and electricity guide. Citizens Advice also provide a free, impartial helpline service across a range of issues on 03454 040506.
If you have an enquiry or complaint relating to Ofgem’s policies or functions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7901 7295.
For all other non-media related enquiries, please visit our Contact us page.
Ofgem is the independent energy regulator for Great Britain. Its priority is to make a positive difference for consumers by promoting competition in the energy markets and regulating networks.
Latest News from
Investigation into Western Power Distribution’s priority service register obligations21/02/2020 10:15:00
Ofgem yesterday launched an investigation into whether Western Power Distribution (WPD) is in compliance with rules around updating and providing information to vulnerable customers on its Priority Services Register.
New customer compensation payments to further improve switching13/02/2020 12:15:00
Customers will receive an automatic £30 payment from suppliers if they are switched by mistake, if their switch takes longer than 15 working days, or if their final bill doesn’t arrive within 6 weeks.
Ofgem orders Outfox the Market to make Feed-in Tariffs payment11/02/2020 13:15:00
Ofgem is issuing Outfox the Market (Foxglove Energy Supply Ltd) with a provisional order, compelling the supplier to pay £602,930 in full for the Feed-in Tariffs (FIT) scheme by Wednesday 12 February 2020.
Energy network company annual reports 2018-1910/02/2020 12:15:00
Ofgem recently (07 February 2020) published the performance and financial annual reports for the 2018-2019 year for electricity distribution, gas distribution, electricity transmission and gas transmission network companies.
Savings on energy bills for millions as price caps fall07/02/2020 13:15:00
The default price cap, which protects around 11 million households, is set to fall from £1,179 to £1,162 for the summer period (April – September).
Rewiring Britain for a net zero future: Ofgem publishes Decarbonisation Action Plan04/02/2020 10:15:00
On his first day in office, Ofgem’s new chief executive Jonathan Brearley yesterday launched Ofgem’s Decarbonisation Action Plan.
Ofgem responds to National Audit Office report on electricity networks30/01/2020 15:33:00
Ofgem has responded to National Audit Office report on electricity networks.
Utility Warehouse to pay £650,000 for price cap overcharging30/01/2020 10:15:00
Utility Warehouse is to refund and compensate 3,430 Warm Home Discount customers with £450,000 after it overcharged them, due to a system error, when the price cap was applied.