South Tyneside Council are seeking innovative suppliers to support the creation and delivery of efficient alternative solutions taking into consideration the use of technology. The Procuring Innovation event will take place on Wednesday 28 November 2018.
The session is open to current and prospective suppliers with an interest in helping to shape the services of the future within the South Tyneside area.
LOCAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT FOR RESIDENTIAL CARE PROVISION FOR CHILDREN WITH COMPLEX NEEDS
- Encouraging good quality, experienced providers to set up in South Tyneside without a guaranteed level of business
- Identifying suitable property and obtaining necessary planning permissions
- Difficulty in anticipating future need and demand far enough ahead to inform an accurate picture of the type of resource required to meet the differing needs of CYP and the need to appropriately match placements, which differs at any given time.
SURVEYING OF COUNCIL BUILDINGS AND OTHER ASSETS
- Establishment of scaffolding or access platforms in order to access buildings and other Council assets for the purpose of surveying can be costly as well as time consuming
- Restrictions the scaffolding and access platforms place on public footpaths and highways pose an issue
RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY SOLUTIONS FOR COUNCIL BUILDINGS AND OTHER ASSETS
- Conventional roof mounted renewable options (solar) can require costly and intrusive structural alterations and do little, if anything, to reduce heat loss from the roof. Roof insulations slabs are often fitted during recovering works but the covering is easily damaged during works to fit roof mounted frames
- Little knowledge of alternative solutions for energy generation / insulation solutions to apply to, or replace existing roof coverings which will also reduce operational costs, timescales and installation costs
- Looking to understand any other renewable energy or energy efficiency solutions which could be applied to buildings and other assets to achieve similar outcomes.
ASSISTED LIVING TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
Known restrictions / barriers
- How to link the use of technology in the home which helps people to better support themselves in community based assets
- An understanding of how the "internet of things" equipment such as Amazon Echo used in a person's home could connect to the Tunstall PNC8 monitoring system used by the Council.
10:00 Arrival, tea/coffee
10:20 Innovation Programme Overview
10:30 Breakout sessions for each opportunity (running simultaneously)
BOOK YOUR SPACE
Latest News from
Highways Surfacing and Road Markings: Soft Market Testing Exercise14/05/2019 14:15:00
Darlington Borough Council has published a survey (or Soft Market Testing Exercise – SMTE) to take views from contractors involved in highways surfacing and road markings.
NEPO Highly Commended at the National GO Awards02/05/2019 11:15:00
NEPO has been Highly Commended in the “Procurement Project of the Year (above £20M) – Local Government and Consortia” category at the National GO Awards held on 30 April 2019.
NEPO supplier supports Local Welfare Provision scheme25/04/2019 12:15:00
NEPO’s nationally available solution for Furniture has been in place since 2017.
NEPO seek supplier for Social Care Research and Information Tool19/04/2019 09:15:00
The twelve North East local authorities want to ensure that their Adult and Children’s Social Care workforce are skilled and knowledgeable to deliver quality services to Children, Young People and families that access their services.
Join us at the Public Sector Solutions Expo in June17/04/2019 16:15:00
NEPO is proud to be supporting the Public Sector Solutions Expo, the UK’s must attend event for those looking to enter into, or grow their share of, the UK public procurement market.
NEPO supplier scoops North East Business Award15/04/2019 16:15:00
NEPO was delighted to see SME supplier, Bloom Procurement Services, scoop the ‘Let’s Grow’ award at the recent Northumberland & Tyneside North East Business Awards.
NEPO recognised in national GO Awards shortlist12/04/2019 16:15:00
NEPO has been shortlisted across two categories in the national GO Awards 2019.
Meet NEPO at Procurex National12/04/2019 12:15:00
NEPO is proud to support Procurex National as an official event partner.