South Tyneside Council are seeking innovative suppliers to support the creation and delivery of efficient alternative solutions taking into consideration the use of technology. The Procuring Innovation event will take place on Wednesday 28 November 2018.
The session is open to current and prospective suppliers with an interest in helping to shape the services of the future within the South Tyneside area.
LOCAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT FOR RESIDENTIAL CARE PROVISION FOR CHILDREN WITH COMPLEX NEEDS
- Encouraging good quality, experienced providers to set up in South Tyneside without a guaranteed level of business
- Identifying suitable property and obtaining necessary planning permissions
- Difficulty in anticipating future need and demand far enough ahead to inform an accurate picture of the type of resource required to meet the differing needs of CYP and the need to appropriately match placements, which differs at any given time.
SURVEYING OF COUNCIL BUILDINGS AND OTHER ASSETS
- Establishment of scaffolding or access platforms in order to access buildings and other Council assets for the purpose of surveying can be costly as well as time consuming
- Restrictions the scaffolding and access platforms place on public footpaths and highways pose an issue
RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY SOLUTIONS FOR COUNCIL BUILDINGS AND OTHER ASSETS
- Conventional roof mounted renewable options (solar) can require costly and intrusive structural alterations and do little, if anything, to reduce heat loss from the roof. Roof insulations slabs are often fitted during recovering works but the covering is easily damaged during works to fit roof mounted frames
- Little knowledge of alternative solutions for energy generation / insulation solutions to apply to, or replace existing roof coverings which will also reduce operational costs, timescales and installation costs
- Looking to understand any other renewable energy or energy efficiency solutions which could be applied to buildings and other assets to achieve similar outcomes.
ASSISTED LIVING TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
Known restrictions / barriers
- How to link the use of technology in the home which helps people to better support themselves in community based assets
- An understanding of how the "internet of things" equipment such as Amazon Echo used in a person's home could connect to the Tunstall PNC8 monitoring system used by the Council.
10:00 Arrival, tea/coffee
10:20 Innovation Programme Overview
10:30 Breakout sessions for each opportunity (running simultaneously)
BOOK YOUR SPACE
Latest News from
Stockton Borough Council wins National Social Value Award29/11/2018 12:15:00
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council have received a National Social Value Award at the recent National Social Value Conference held 20/21 November 2018.
NEPO contractors scoop CECA awards20/11/2018 16:48:00
NEPO attended the Civil Engineering Contractors Association (CECA) North East Annual Dinner and Awards ceremony, held 9 November 2018.
NEPO’s solution for Furniture included in ‘Deals for Schools’20/11/2018 11:15:00
NEPO’s nationally available solution for Furniture has been included in the Department for Education’s (DfE) list of recommended deals.
NEPRO included in ‘Deals for Schools’15/11/2018 09:15:00
NEPRO, the neutral vendor solution for specialist professional services, has been included in the Department for Education’s (DfE) list of recommended deals.
CIPS event: Game Theory (13 Nov. Newcastle)09/11/2018 14:25:00
The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) are holding a free event on Game Theory and how it can apply to your commercial activities.
Making Procurement Work for All: Report Launch Event24/10/2018 14:15:00
Public sector colleagues and other stakeholders are invited to attend a launch event for the Making Procurement Work for All report , taking place on Monday 12 November in Newcastle.
Come and see us at the North East Expo23/10/2018 09:15:00
The North East Expo takes place on Wednesday 7 November 2018 at Falcons Stadium, Newcastle upon Tyne.
Want to supply professional services to the public sector?18/10/2018 11:15:00
Suppliers are invited to a free event to discover how they can win professional services business with the public sector in the North East via NEPRO, our neutral vendor solution for the public sector.