South Tyneside Council are seeking innovative suppliers to support the creation and delivery of efficient alternative solutions taking into consideration the use of technology. The Procuring Innovation event will take place on Wednesday 28 November 2018.
The session is open to current and prospective suppliers with an interest in helping to shape the services of the future within the South Tyneside area.
LOCAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT FOR RESIDENTIAL CARE PROVISION FOR CHILDREN WITH COMPLEX NEEDS
- Encouraging good quality, experienced providers to set up in South Tyneside without a guaranteed level of business
- Identifying suitable property and obtaining necessary planning permissions
- Difficulty in anticipating future need and demand far enough ahead to inform an accurate picture of the type of resource required to meet the differing needs of CYP and the need to appropriately match placements, which differs at any given time.
SURVEYING OF COUNCIL BUILDINGS AND OTHER ASSETS
- Establishment of scaffolding or access platforms in order to access buildings and other Council assets for the purpose of surveying can be costly as well as time consuming
- Restrictions the scaffolding and access platforms place on public footpaths and highways pose an issue
RENEWABLE ENERGY AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY SOLUTIONS FOR COUNCIL BUILDINGS AND OTHER ASSETS
- Conventional roof mounted renewable options (solar) can require costly and intrusive structural alterations and do little, if anything, to reduce heat loss from the roof. Roof insulations slabs are often fitted during recovering works but the covering is easily damaged during works to fit roof mounted frames
- Little knowledge of alternative solutions for energy generation / insulation solutions to apply to, or replace existing roof coverings which will also reduce operational costs, timescales and installation costs
- Looking to understand any other renewable energy or energy efficiency solutions which could be applied to buildings and other assets to achieve similar outcomes.
ASSISTED LIVING TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS
Known restrictions / barriers
- How to link the use of technology in the home which helps people to better support themselves in community based assets
- An understanding of how the "internet of things" equipment such as Amazon Echo used in a person's home could connect to the Tunstall PNC8 monitoring system used by the Council.
10:00 Arrival, tea/coffee
10:20 Innovation Programme Overview
10:30 Breakout sessions for each opportunity (running simultaneously)
BOOK YOUR SPACE
Latest News from
NEPO commence procurement of NEPRO³, a public sector solution for specialist professional services08/02/2019 15:38:00
NEPO has commenced the procurement of NEPRO³ , a nationally-available solution for specialist professional services.
North Tyneside Council DPS for Housing and Operational, Schools and Commercial Buildings.08/02/2019 12:42:00
North Tyneside Council has invited relevant suppliers to apply to join Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS) for Housing and Operational, Schools and Commercial Buildings.
Supplier Questionnaire: Highways Technical Surveys06/02/2019 12:15:00
Sunderland City Council, acting on behalf of NEPO, is exploring future options for the provision of Highways Technical Surveys.
Workshop: Wellbeing & Social Ergonomics In The Public Sector31/01/2019 11:15:00
This event is hosted by NEPO, in collaboration with Albany Contract (supplier to NEPO’s Furniture solution) and Workpattern. It is a free to attend event for all NEPO Member Authorities, Associate Members and public sector organisations.
Supplier event: Delivering professional services via NEPRO30/01/2019 16:15:00
Learn how to win professional services business with the public sector in the North East via NEPRO,
FSB Celebrating Small Business Awards 201928/01/2019 16:15:00
The hunt is well underway for the best small business in the North East.
Market Consultation Event: Legal Services28/01/2019 13:42:00
NEPO’s solution for Legal Services is due to expire 31 July 2019. Newcastle City Council will lead the procurement of the next iteration of the solution.
Suppliers can update their tendering skills with NEPO Business Club17/01/2019 11:25:00
The NEPO Business Club offers a programme of free events for suppliers interested in improving their public sector tendering skills.