Reformer Thoughts – The NHS Winter Crisis
This Reformer Thoughts series brings together healthcare professionals to discuss what can be done to prevent the winter crisis from recurring.
Touching on challenges such as workforce supply issues, funding and a lack of systems integration, the series presents a forward-looking assessment of the NHS and proposes recommendations for tackling these problems.
Thank-you to all of our contributors which include:
- Claudia Martinez, Research Manager, Reform
- Dr Nick Scriven FRCP (London), Consultant Physician and President, Society for Acute Medicine
- Alison Leary, Professor of Healthcare and Workforce Modelling, London South Bank University and The University of South Eastern Norway
- Naureen Bhatti, GP Tower Hamlets, Vice-chair Tower Hamlets, LMC Board member, Tower Hamlets GP Care Group
- Andy Bell, Deputy Chief Executive, Centre for Mental Health
- Cllr Ian Hudspeth, Chairman, Local Government Association’s Community Wellbeing Board
- Jim Ritchie, Program director, Digital Control Center, Consultant Renal Physician and Divisional Chief Clinical Information Officer, Salford Royal Foundation Trust
- Imogen Farhan, Researcher, Reform
|Tweets by @reformthinktank|
Latest News from
Reformer Thoughts – Accelerating Innovation in Local Government21/05/2020 12:33:00
This Reformer Thoughts discusses how local government can drive innovation to create more effective, efficient, and accessible services.
Working Through it: Assessing State Employment Support Responses to The Coronavirus29/04/2020 12:33:00
The coronavirus has produced a one-in-a-generation economic challenge, threatening business and employment across every sector of the economy.
Reducing The Prison Population: Extending Home Detention Curfew And Scrapping Short Sentences23/03/2020 12:48:00
This Reform Perspectives assesses current Government policy to reduce overcrowding, why, while welcome, argues it is insufficient, and outlines what further changes should be made to immediately reduce the prison population.
Reformer Thoughts – Driving Innovation And Long-term Growth in The UK’s Life Sciences Sector02/03/2020 12:43:00
This Reformer Thoughts discusses the steps the UK must take to remain a leader in life sciences and deliver on the Government’s vision for a thriving research and innovation-led healthcare economy.
Manufacturing The Future: Could Healthcare Data Help Rebalance The UK’s Economy?27/02/2020 12:25:00
This Reform Perspectives argues how the forthcoming Budget represents a critical opportunity to unleash the potential of the UK’s unique healthcare data asset, whilst increasing the health and wealth of the whole nation.
Time to Think Big: A Uk Sovereign Wealth Fund20/02/2020 16:25:00
This Reform Perspectives argues that the UK must create a Sovereign Wealth Fund to drive long-term investment, growth in new industries, and meet the challenges facing future generations.