Reformer Thoughts: 'a New Deal For Prevention'
This Reformer Thoughts discusses the benefits of a preventative approach to public health and the obstacles that stand in the way of its realisation.
It brings together experts from the scientific research community and the health and social care sector to consider the future of prevention in the UK. This publication has kindly been supported by MSD.
Thank you to all of our contributors which include:
- Sebastian Rees, Research and Events Assistant, Reform
- Catherine Williams, Business Unit Director for Vaccines, Diabetes & Women’s Health, MSD
- Katherine Dunne, Programme manager, UK Prevention Research Partnership, Medical Research Council
- Ian Green, Chief Executive, Terrence Higgins Trust
- Dr Samantha Quaife, Senior Lecturer in Behavioural Science, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary University of London and Professor Sam Janes, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, University College London
- Dr Jodie Moffat, Head of Early Diagnosis, Cancer Research UK
- Mark Gillyon-Powell, Head of Programme, HSV Elimination, NHS England
|Tweets by @reformthinktank|
Latest News from
Digital Public Services: What's Next?19/01/2021 12:25:00
The challenges that arose with service delivery during COVID-19 – from lockdown and remote working to increased demand – further cemented the benefits of having the right digital infrastructure in place.
Reform Think Tank Responds to Electoral Commission Decision on Brexit Party Name Change07/01/2021 15:05:00
The Electoral Commission yesterday certified the Brexit Party’s application to rename itself ‘Reform UK’.
Towards a New Model of Prevention10/12/2020 12:33:00
This briefing gives an overview of the discussion at the event ‘Towards a new model of prevention’.
All Hands on Deck: Public Private Partnerships During Covid-1908/12/2020 12:33:00
This Reform Perspectives examines how government has worked with the private sector to respond to COVID-19.
Driving The UK’s Leadership in Vaccine Research And Innovation03/12/2020 12:33:00
This Reformer Thoughts discusses how the UK can drive innovation and research into vaccines, even beyond the Covid-19 pandemic.
Good For, Bad For: Reform's Spending Review 2020 Breakdown26/11/2020 12:33:00
Yesterday’s one-year Spending Review held few surprises. We knew the finances were exceptionally bad, and the latest OBR data confirms that: the ‘central’ scenario has the economy contracting by 11.3% this year, unemployment peaking at 7.5% and long-term GDP scarring at 3%.
A Global Science Superpower: The Future of Medicines Valuation18/11/2020 16:25:00
This briefing gives an overview of the discussion at the event, 'A global science superpower: the future of medicines valuation'.
Reform Responds to National Audit Office Covid-19 Procurement Report18/11/2020 12:33:00
Blog posted by: Aidan Shilson Thomas, 18 November 2020.