Reformer Thoughts: 'a New Deal For Prevention'
This Reformer Thoughts discusses the benefits of a preventative approach to public health and the obstacles that stand in the way of its realisation.
It brings together experts from the scientific research community and the health and social care sector to consider the future of prevention in the UK. This publication has kindly been supported by MSD.
Thank you to all of our contributors which include:
- Sebastian Rees, Research and Events Assistant, Reform
- Catherine Williams, Business Unit Director for Vaccines, Diabetes & Women’s Health, MSD
- Katherine Dunne, Programme manager, UK Prevention Research Partnership, Medical Research Council
- Ian Green, Chief Executive, Terrence Higgins Trust
- Dr Samantha Quaife, Senior Lecturer in Behavioural Science, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Queen Mary University of London and Professor Sam Janes, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, University College London
- Dr Jodie Moffat, Head of Early Diagnosis, Cancer Research UK
- Mark Gillyon-Powell, Head of Programme, HSV Elimination, NHS England
|Tweets by @reformthinktank|
Latest News from
“Devastating” NHS Waiting List Growth Confirms Need For Backlog Recovery Plans to be Made Public, Says Think Tank.15/04/2021 15:20:00
Blog posted by: Sebastian Rees, 15 April 2021.
Time to Update: Moving Away From Legacy it in Healthcare08/04/2021 16:15:00
This event-write up brings together the ideas generated at Reform and Amazon Web Services’ policy hackathon ‘Time to update: Moving away from legacy IT in healthcare’.
Join us For Party Conferences 202126/03/2021 13:48:00
Blog posted by: Charlotte Pickles, 25 March 2021.
A State of Preparedness: How Government Can Build Resilience to Civil Emergencies22/03/2021 16:48:00
The COVID-19 pandemic is the most serious civil emergency this country has faced in peacetime; unprecedented in its scale, complexity, and duration.
Why We Need ‘Smart Devolution’18/03/2021 12:33:00
Blog posted by: Deborah Cadman, Chief Executive, West Midlands Combined Authority, 18 March 2021.
Good For, Bad For: Reform's Spring Budget 2021 Breakdown04/03/2021 14:38:00
Blog posted by: Charlotte Pickles, 03 March 2021.
'What's next for the NHS? Building the resilience of the Health and Care System17/02/2021 15:25:00
The COVID-19 pandemic saw the transformation of the National Health Service into the National Covid Service.