Revitalising UK aerospace: funding for projects
Projects that could bolster the UK aerospace industry through smart, more energy-efficient technologies are invited to participate in a regular call for ideas.
The UK’s aerospace sector is among the best in the world, and upholding this authority means exploring and exploiting emerging opportunities and markets.
To ensure the sector maintaining its global engagement and influence, organisations are invited to express an interest in a £150 million annual competition with their innovative ideas for aerospace design and manufacture.
The investment is part of the £3.9 billion UK Aerospace Research and Technology (UKART) programme, a partnership between government and industry, managed by Innovate UK, the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI)and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
Aircraft of the future
This competition is inviting expressions of interest in funding for industrial research or capital investment projects in aerospace. Projects must have potential application within the civil aerospace sector, and priority areas are stated in the UK Aerospace Technology Strategy.
- bolstering UK whole-aircraft design and system integration
- future-proofing advanced systems technologies in the UK – specifically, smart, connected and more electric aircrafts
- securing the UK’s world-leading position in large, complex aviation structures, particularly wings
- developing more efficient propulsion technologies, including large turbofans
- the competition will open on 1 July 2019, and will close on 24 July 2019
- UK-based businesses, research and technology groups and academic organisations can be the project lead, depending on the project type
- businesses can attract a maximum of 50% grant funding. Within that, individual businesses can attract up to 70% depending on funding requests from other partners
- organisations must sign up to the ATI framework agreement
- an online briefing event will be held on 8 July 2019 where organisations can find out more about the competition and applying
Latest News from
Driving the change to greener vehicles: apply for funding23/06/2020 09:10:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £15 million to support the development of zero emission vehicle technologies and a supporting supply chain.
New tech to tackle leaves on the line and de-ice platforms set to revolutionise British rail travel18/06/2020 09:12:00
National competition awards £9.4 million funding to innovative projects that will make railways cleaner, greener and more passenger-friendly.
Designing ways to reduce plastic waste: apply for funding10/06/2020 09:10:00
Businesses can apply for a share of £800,000 to look at innovative designs for products, services or business models that make plastic use more sustainable.
Innovate UK: COVID-19 business support03/06/2020 16:20:00
An update on the support available to businesses from Innovate UK due to COVID-19 and advice for award holders.
£40m boost for cutting-edge start-ups20/05/2020 11:22:00
Innovative businesses and start-ups are set to benefit from a £40 million government investment to drive forward new technological advances.
Ionburst: safe and anonymous data in the cloud20/05/2020 09:10:00
Innovate UK helps Scottish firm keep world-leading digital security tech in Britain.
Revolutionising the way we fly: apply for business funding19/05/2020 09:10:00
Organisations can apply for a share of up to £30 million to develop ways to support safe operations of novel modes of air transportation – minimising the environmental footprint and improving connectivity.
Help find new ways to ease global disruption: apply for funding03/04/2020 16:25:00
UK businesses can apply for a share of £20 million in a fast-track competition to develop new ways to tackle global disruption such as that caused by COVID-19.