Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Sellafield Ltd Review of the Year 2022/23 published
We've published our Review of the Year for 2022/23, covering safety performance, progress at Sellafield, and our social impact work in the last financial year.
The review reflects on the many successes of the year, including the start of retrievals from the Magnox Swarf Storage Silos, the use of divers in the Pile Fuel Storage Pond, the progress being made in major projects, and the continued contribution to skills and economic growth.
It also recognises some of the challenges faced in the year, including the work that has been done to bring the crane in the Pile Fuel Cladding Silo back into operation to enable the start of retrievals this year.
More than anything, the review is a celebration of the people who have delivered the work.
You’ll get to meet:
- Imogen, a former nuclear apprentice who pilots robotic vehicles in the First Generation Storage Pond.
- Adam, the health physics team leader who helped to keep the divers in the Pile Fuel Storage Pond safe.
- Jay, a degree apprentice who is helping to create contamination protection suits for SPOT the dog.
- Stacy, a shift team leader in who (with her team) reduced the volume of highly active liquor in highly active storage tanks.
- Rachel, who works on the Box Encapsulation Plant and is employed by Balfour Beatty, who helped install the overhead crane and is using her mental health training to help her colleagues.
- Stephanie, who works on the SIXEP Continuity Plant and is employed by Jacobs, who has helped to design and install the vessels the new project needs.
- Stephen and Izzy who work in transport and in radiation protection respectively, who share the work they’ve done to bring in electric trains and e-bikes.
Read the full review in the link below:
Latest News from
Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Have your say on the NDA Social Impact and Communities Strategy30/11/2023 11:15:00
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) has launched its Social Impact and Communities Strategy for consultation until 21 February 2024.
NDA reaffirms cooperation with Korea Radioactive Waste Agency22/11/2023 10:15:00
Leaders from the UK’s Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), and the Korea Radioactive Waste Agency (KORAD) signed their second cooperation statement.
Register now for the largest nuclear decommissioning supply chain event in Europe21/11/2023 14:15:00
The NDA’s tenth supply chain event will be held on 27 June 2024 at The International Centre, Telford.
NDA partners with Hey Girls to help eradicate period poverty16/11/2023 11:15:00
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority is partnering with Hey Girls to provide complimentary period products to staff and tackle period poverty across Cumbria.
NDA launches search for next generation of nuclear pioneers14/11/2023 11:15:00
The NDA group has launched its 2024 call for graduates to play a part in delivering its decommissioning mission and support one of the most important environmental programmes in the world.
Bus Station’s outstanding impact recognised in national awards09/11/2023 11:15:00
The transformation of Whitehaven’s former Bus Station into a thriving business hub has been celebrated this week after receiving a national award for its impact.
Showing progress in how we're delivering our mission - David Davidson, NDA Reporting Manager07/11/2023 09:15:00
Blog posted by: samfrench, 06 November 2023 – Categories: Mission delivery.
NRS Dounreay wins national award06/11/2023 14:15:00
Dounreay, a division of NRS, won the Large Employer of the Year award at last night’s Engineering and Construction Training and Development Awards ceremony.