Sonia Khan: Statement on employment tribunal claim
Former Treasury Special Adviser Sonia Khan has issued the following statement after reaching a settlement with the Treasury:
“Following 14 months of negotiation, I have today reached a settlement with the Treasury, my former employer, and as a result I am no longer pursuing my employment tribunal claim which was due to be heard in London in December.
“I would like to thank the FDA who have supported this action and were instrumental in finding a settlement, alongside their legal advisers Slater and Gordon.
“I would also like to thank the Metropolitan Police Service for their support during intense scrutiny and pressure for myself and my family, and my current employer, Cicero/AMO, for their wholehearted backing in the last year.
“Having reached a settlement of these issues I am now moving on with my life and career. I have a fulfilling job as a consultant, I maintain great affection for the Conservative Party and remain a committed Conservative. The party took me under its wing when I was a teen and I feel hugely privileged to have served as a special adviser under the last two Prime Ministers.”
Notes for Editors
- The FDA is the union for senior managers and professionals in public service, representing more than 18,000 members at grades HEO and above. Membership includes senior civil servants, government policy advisors, prosecutors, diplomats, tax professionals, economists, solicitors and other professionals working across the Government and the NHS.
- The FDA (formerly the First Division Association) should be referred to simply as "The FDA" and can be described as "the senior public servants' union".
- The FDA can be found on Twitter @FDA_union. General Secretary Dave Penman tweets as @FDAGenSec.
- For more information contact:
- FDA Communications Officer Tommy Newell on 07738 729 145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FDA Communications Officer Scott Dobson on 07727 869 640 or email@example.com
- FDA Head of Communications Kay Hender on 07980 700 747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest News from
FDA welcomes Scottish Government commitment to independent complaints process23/06/2021 16:25:00
The FDA has welcomed the Scottish Government's commitment to establishing an independent process for complaints about the behaviour of ministers and former ministers.
FDA calls for pay reform at NCA05/05/2021 16:05:00
The FDA has published its evidence to the National Crime Agency's Pay Review Body, calling for a pay rise for NCA staff and for a quicker pace of pay reform.
Northern Ireland ministers “must ensure they do not put partisan interests ahead of effective government” says FDA25/09/2020 14:10:00
FDA National Officer Allan Sampson yesterday responded to the announcement that the First and Deputy First Ministers of Northern Ireland had failed to appoint a new head of the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
Welsh Government must revise funding to save our museums10/08/2020 12:25:00
The Senedd’s Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee has now published its report on the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on heritage, museums and archives in Wales.
Welsh Government must act to ensure national treasures remain accessible to all, says FDA27/07/2020 10:20:00
The FDA has called on the Welsh Government to invest whatever is needed to protect Welsh national treasures and to ensure everyone in Wales continues to have access to their cultural history.
Parliament's restoration and renewal programme 'must not be derailed by political point scoring', says FDA17/07/2020 14:48:00
FDA National Officer for the House of Commons, Helen Kenny yesterday responded to reports that the Prime Minister has asked officials responsible for the restoration and renewal project to consider relocating Parliament to York.
'All we are asking is for the judiciary to follow government guidance'- FDA writes to the Lord Chief Justice14/07/2020 15:38:00
As the recognised union for prosecutors working in the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), the FDA has raised serious concerns with the Lord Chief Justice over the approach taken by some judges to applications from prosecutors to appear in court remotely.
Culture sector rescue package highlights failure of current funding models07/07/2020 12:25:00
The FDA represents staff working in museums and galleries across the UK.