Supporting Health Services during the Coronavirus Pandemic
An update on how and where to offer support for the NHS.
Following a roundtable at 10 Downing Street (when such things were just about allowed), techUK have been working with NHSX to offer support from the technology industry to the Health Service. NHSX are now triaging hundreds of offers of support received in advance of their initial deadline last week and will be contacting companies directly.
There are several other avenues for supporting the Health and Care system that companies may wish to explore or pass on:
- The Cabinet Office have now set up a website to collate offers of support across Government (including the NHS).You can input details here;
- There is also a separate questionnaire specifically for companies that can support the supply of ventilators and ventilator components in the UK;
- NHSX is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution;
- A group of current and former NHS CIOs/ technologists are collating offers of support to NHS frontline services. They have set up this site and Slack channel. If relevant, we would recommend joining the channel and they will collate and direct the offers accordingly;
- Shane Tickell, Vice Chair of the techUK Health and Social Care Council has been liaising with the World Health Organization on interoperability, social distancing, supply chain management and forecasting and offers of resource. If you are able to offer support, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- techUK is also hosting a Coronavirus hub with the latest tech news and case studies relating to the pandemic. If you would like to highlight the work that you are doing to combat COVID-19 on the site, please email email@example.com.
Latest News from
Could the notion of ‘purposeful business’ provide a way forward for digital ethics?07/12/2021 16:25:00
Ahead of the techUK Digital Ethics Summit on 8 December, Hetan Shah, Chief Executive at The British Academy, outlines the role purposeful business will play in the implementation of digital and data ethics.
The fifth techUK Digital Ethics Summit: Reflecting on the past and the future07/12/2021 10:25:00
Sue Daley, techUK Director of Technology and Innovation, shares her reflections on the progress made since our first Digital Ethics Summit in 2017.
Strategic Command Strategy – techUK Summary06/12/2021 16:20:00
techUK Summary of the recently published Strategic Commands Strategy Paper
What has 2021 meant for digital social care?06/12/2021 10:25:00
Earlier this year, techUK set out our ambition to provide an environment in which members and stakeholders could come together to achieve a collaborative approach to social care. Since we published this mission statement, we have seen social care, and in particular the potential of digital transformation in this sector, move further up the political and public agenda, receiving welcome legislative attention.
Consultation: Implementing due diligence on forest risk commodities03/12/2021 15:20:00
New DEFRA consultation on forest product due diligence has been launched (3 December 2021 – 11 March 2022)
techUK sets out recommendations to help guide CISOs as organisations continue their digital transformation02/12/2021 16:25:00
techUK launches the second report in its Cyber People Series.
Regional leadership is key to a successful Digital Strategy02/12/2021 11:25:00
Guest blog by Helen Milner OBE, Group CEO, Good Things Foundation.
techUK joins Global Industry Statement in support of the moratorium on customs duties01/12/2021 11:25:00
techUK joins a Global Industry Statement in support of the moratorium on customs duties on electronic transmissions.
techUK, UKIBC and NASSCOM develop joint position paper to drive growth in digital trade29/11/2021 16:25:00
UKIBC, NASSCOM, and techUK have come together to develop a joint position paper on a policy agenda for both governments to consider in relation to cross-border data transfers between the UK and India.