Supporting Health Services during the Coronavirus Pandemic
An update on how and where to offer support for the NHS.
Following a roundtable at 10 Downing Street (when such things were just about allowed), techUK have been working with NHSX to offer support from the technology industry to the Health Service. NHSX are now triaging hundreds of offers of support received in advance of their initial deadline last week and will be contacting companies directly.
There are several other avenues for supporting the Health and Care system that companies may wish to explore or pass on:
- The Cabinet Office have now set up a website to collate offers of support across Government (including the NHS).You can input details here;
- There is also a separate questionnaire specifically for companies that can support the supply of ventilators and ventilator components in the UK;
- NHSX is calling on all innovators who can support the elderly, vulnerable and self-isolating during COVID-19 to apply for government funding of up to £25,000 to test their solution;
- A group of current and former NHS CIOs/ technologists are collating offers of support to NHS frontline services. They have set up this site and Slack channel. If relevant, we would recommend joining the channel and they will collate and direct the offers accordingly;
- Shane Tickell, Vice Chair of the techUK Health and Social Care Council has been liaising with the World Health Organization on interoperability, social distancing, supply chain management and forecasting and offers of resource. If you are able to offer support, please contact him at email@example.com;
- techUK is also hosting a Coronavirus hub with the latest tech news and case studies relating to the pandemic. If you would like to highlight the work that you are doing to combat COVID-19 on the site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest News from
New EU Budget Proposal28/05/2020 11:25:00
The European Commission yesterday presented its proposal for a 2021-2027 EU budget of €1.1 trillion. It has also put forward a plan for an additional €750 billion Recovery Instrument, called Next Generation EU, meant to help combat the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Building the future we need - a levelled up economic recovery27/05/2020 16:25:00
Summary of the North East Regional Conversation – Friday 22 May.
Versatile defence software helps to combat the COVID-19 pandemic27/05/2020 13:33:00
Guest blog: Lead Sales Engineer, Tage Lund, talks about how Systematic’s defence solutions have proven to be versatile and suitable in the efforts to stop the COVID...
techUK webinar series on human rights & sustainability27/05/2020 11:25:00
techUK is holding a series of webinars on human rights and sustainability issues in June.
Enabling COVID-19 research27/05/2020 09:33:00
Guest blog: Suzy Foster, CEO, EMIS Health discusses the importance of patient data to help researchers develop a deeper understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Introducing the NHS COVID-19 Text Messaging Service26/05/2020 16:25:00
Guest blog: Dr James Graveston, Solution Consultant at Valtech discusses their involvement in developing the new NHS COVID-19 text messaging service.
Application form: Future Borders Innovation Den26/05/2020 14:38:00
techUK is working with the Government’s Future Borders Programme to deliver a series of Innovation Dens.
Welcome to techUK’s Data Analytics Week!26/05/2020 13:33:00
Today marks the beginning of techUK’s first ever Data Analytics Week- highlighting the opportunities and benefits of data analytics across different sectors and...
Connect to protect: TEC solutions for the COVID-19 crisis26/05/2020 10:05:00
Tunstall has always played a pioneering role in helping to protect some of the most vulnerable people in our society, using technology to enable them to get help in an emergency 24 hours a day, and to monitor and manage their health in a community setting. In recent weeks we have been focused on working with our customers help them continue to deliver their services during the COVID-19 pandemic, and to introduce new solutions to support individuals during the outbreak.
New Lawtech Sandbox increases the UK’s offer on tech innovation26/05/2020 09:05:00
Plans for a new Government backed Lawtech Sandbox have been unveiled. The new sandbox is inspired by the success of the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) regulatory sandbox, which was launched in 2016 becoming a key driver of the UK’s world leading fintech ecosystem.