Tech Leaders Recognised on Queen's Birthday Honours List
techUK congratulates tech leaders, partners and members recognised in this year's Honours List.
The importance of technology was recognised in this year's Queen's Birthday Honours List with a number of industry leaders awarded for their contribution to the sector.
We’d like to congratulate all of those awarded honours, particularly our members and partners who have been recognised for their important contribution to the industry, including:
- Dr Shane Legg, Co-Founder & Chief Scientist, DeepMind Technologies Ltdfor services to the Science & Technology Sector & Investment
- Philip Smith, CEO, Cisco for services to Technology, Business & Skills
- Melanie Richards, Deputy Chair, KPMG, for services to Business & Inclusion
- Sarah Kenny , CEO, BMT Group Ltd for services to the Maritime Sector & Diversity
- Margaret Berry, Executive Director for Europe, WEConnect International & Founder, Women in Technology Network for services to Women in Business & Technology
- Elizabeth Williams, Director, Digital Society, BT for services to Digital Literacy & Social Inclusion
Latest News from
A change of leadership at Government Digital Service20/06/2019 14:25:00
Kevin Cunnington appointed as Director General in the International Government Service.
National Data Strategy open call for evidence19/06/2019 16:25:00
DCMS has put out a call for evidence on the UK Government’s National Data Strategy.
Early Tech Career Network: Cyber Security Summer event19/06/2019 11:25:00
The next techUK Early Tech Career Network event will provide an introduction to Cyber Security with some fantastic guest speakers. Register now!
New export control training for techUK members18/06/2019 14:25:00
techUK has launched a new digital/online export controls and trade learning platform for members.
Cloud Week needs you!18/06/2019 11:25:00
On Monday 15th July, techUK will kick off this year’s Cloud Week exploring the future of cloud computing and how we keep the UK at the forefront of cloud adoption...
New research on current and future digital skills demands in the UK17/06/2019 11:25:00
Two new pieces of research examining the current demand in the UK for digital skills and looking at the digital skills needed to succeed now and in the next 10 years.
Delivering A National Digital Twin at the IoT World Europe Summit14/06/2019 16:25:00
On Thursday, techUK’s Director of Market Programmes, Matthew Evans delivered a thought-provoking talk at the IoT World Europe Summit, which explored how key decision-makers can deliver a national digital twin (DTw) and how companies are already benefiting from this technology.
dxw and MHCLG | Call for user research session participants14/06/2019 14:25:00
Guest blog: MHCLG has partnered with agency, dxw digital, to find out what support councils need to collaborate to deliver improved public services.
Government to boost 5G and simplify planning to help mobile deployment14/06/2019 14:02:00
DCMS announce a £40 million investment in 5G testbed and trial projects across UK as part of plans to improve mobile connectivity.