Tech Leaders Recognised on Queen's Birthday Honour's List
techUK congratulates tech leaders, partners and members recognised in this year's Honours List.
The importance of technology was recognised the Queen’s Birthday Honour's list, with a number of industry leaders awarded for their contribution to the sector
We’d like to congratulate all of those awarded honours, particularly our members and partners who have been recognised for their important contribution to the industry, including:
- Dame Vera Stephanie Shirley, DBE FReng for services to the IT Industry and Philanthropy;
- Jon Archbold, Programme Manager, Liverpool HMRC for services to digital innovation and the community in Merseyside;
- Arvin Kapur, Chairman of the National Space Centre for services to Science, Technology, Business and Enterprise;
- Polly Athenals, Chief Executive of ScotlandIS for services to the Digital Economy in Scotland;
- Dr Mark Masons, Lately Chief Executive Officer Mubaloo for services to the Digital Economy;
- Melvyn Morris, Non-Executive Chairman, King Digital Entertainment for services to Business and Charitable Services;
- Helena Morriseey CBE, for servicecs to Diversity in Financial Services;
- Professor Thomas Crick, for services to Computer Science and the Promotion of Computer Science Education.
Latest News from
Home Office Publishes “Understanding the Costs of Cyber-Crime” Report19/01/2018 15:15:00
The report outlines the development of a governmental framework for estimating the costs of cyber-crimes to the UK
Digital Infrastructure Plan Announced for Liverpool City Region17/01/2018 14:05:00
A specialist consortium has been appointed to deliver Metro Mayor Steve Rotheram’s pledge to make the city region the most digitally connected in the UK.
Open Banking – Opening Doors for Your Finances15/01/2018 13:43:00
Head of Financial Services and Payments, Ruth Milligan runs through the landmark legislation launching on 13 January.
“Partnership will be Pivotal” - Automotive Sector Deal Confirmed15/01/2018 11:25:00
Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Greg Clark announced the First Automotive Sector Deal last week.