Tech Leaders Recognised on Queen's Birthday Honour's List
techUK congratulates tech leaders, partners and members recognised in this year's Honours List.
The importance of technology was recognised the Queen’s Birthday Honour's list, with a number of industry leaders awarded for their contribution to the sector
We’d like to congratulate all of those awarded honours, particularly our members and partners who have been recognised for their important contribution to the industry, including:
- Dame Vera Stephanie Shirley, DBE FReng for services to the IT Industry and Philanthropy;
- Jon Archbold, Programme Manager, Liverpool HMRC for services to digital innovation and the community in Merseyside;
- Arvin Kapur, Chairman of the National Space Centre for services to Science, Technology, Business and Enterprise;
- Polly Athenals, Chief Executive of ScotlandIS for services to the Digital Economy in Scotland;
- Dr Mark Masons, Lately Chief Executive Officer Mubaloo for services to the Digital Economy;
- Melvyn Morris, Non-Executive Chairman, King Digital Entertainment for services to Business and Charitable Services;
- Helena Morriseey CBE, for servicecs to Diversity in Financial Services;
- Professor Thomas Crick, for services to Computer Science and the Promotion of Computer Science Education.
Latest News from
City AM & Bird & Bird | Digital Innovators Network20/09/2017 12:15:00
City AM and Bird & Bird's Digital Innovators Power List will celebrate and showcase 50 of the UK's most innovative digitally-led companies.
Sir Michael Fallon’s Address to DSEI – techUK View19/09/2017 15:43:00
techUK assesses the Secretary of State's speech on technology deployment and future procurement.
#techUKPS2030: The Future of Policing & Public Safety18/09/2017 16:15:00
A summary of the Digital Policing and Public Safety panel at PS2030, sponsored by InterSystems.
Data Protection Bill Begins its Journey in House of Lords15/09/2017 14:25:00
The path to implementing the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) into UK law has begun.