The Wedding of Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank: An update
Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie and Mr. Jack Brooksbank have been touched by the many good wishes they have received in the run up to their Wedding on 12th October 2018. They are looking forward to celebrating with their family, friends, and members of the public within the Castle grounds and in Windsor. As the Wedding approaches the couple wish to share the following details of the day:
- The Wedding Service will take place at St George’s Chapel at 1100hrs, with The Dean of Windsor, The Rt Revd. David Conner officiating. The Archbishop of York, The Most Revd. and Rt. Hon. John Sentamu, will lead the prayers.
- The couple are delighted Her Majesty The Queen has agreed for the grounds of Windsor Castle to be opened to those wishing to join the celebrations. After receiving over 100,000 applications, invitations have now gone out to the 1,200 members of the public who will join them on the day.
- Other guests in the Castle grounds will include representatives of charities and organisations supported by the couple, including the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, the Teenage Cancer Trust, the Salvation Army and the UN Trust Fund to End Violence Against Women. Children from two local schools, St George’s School and Coworth Flexlands School, both of which Princess Eugenie attended, will be present, alongside members of the Windsor community, residents of Windsor Castle and a number of Royal Household staff.
- After the service, the newly married couple will undertake a short ride in a carriage from the Royal Mews, out of Windsor Castle and on to part of the High Street. Opportunities for members of the public wishing to view the couple are on Castle Hill, the High Street and Park Street, echoing the route taken by The Earl and Countess of Wessex following their wedding. The carriage will not travel along the Long Walk.
- Following the carriage procession, The Queen will give a Reception at Windsor Castle for the couple and their wedding guests.
Latest News from
A statement from The Duke of Cambridge29/10/2018 14:15:00
Statement given today by The Duke of Cambridge on terrible crash at Leicester City Football Club.
The Duke of Cambridge unveils new United for Wildlife declaration to tackle illegal wildlife trade10/10/2018 15:05:00
Major financial institutions have united behind The Duke of Cambridge’s mission to disrupt the illegal trade in wildlife products.
An update on the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank08/10/2018 14:15:00
Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie of York and Mr Jack Brooksbank are pleased to confirm some further details about their upcoming Wedding Day.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's visit to Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand05/10/2018 13:20:00
Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will undertake an official visit to Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga and New Zealand between Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 31st October.
The Duke of Cambridge will visit Namibia, Tanzania and Kenya19/09/2018 13:42:00
The Duke of Cambridge will undertake a visit to Namibia, Tanzania and Kenya from Monday 24th – Sunday 30th September.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Autumn Tour10/09/2018 15:20:00
As previously announced, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will undertake an official visit to Australia, Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga, and New Zealand. The visit will take place between Tuesday 16th October and Wednesday 31st October.
A message from Her Majesty The Queen to the people of Australia following the recent droughts23/08/2018 16:20:00
Prince Philip and I have been deeply saddened to hear of one of the worst Australian droughts in living memory.
The Christening of Prince Louis: service details10/07/2018 13:25:00
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen two hymns, two lessons and two anthems for the christening of their son, Prince Louis.