Crown Commercial Service
The office of the future – how CCS can help you adapt to office space changes
Our category experts set out how we can support you with office space solutions with our framework.
The past year has seen an increase in home working and a change in how office space will be used in the future.
The Government Business Magazine references findings from the 2021 Market Outlook Survey that organisations have already taken steps to introduce hybrid models of working and that 58% of organisations are reducing their office space. This means that employees could be spending most of their working week at home and leaving the office space as a place to meet for collaboration, employee training or in person meetings.
So what does this mean for office space?
Suppliers under lot 3 and 4 on our Logistics and Warehousing framework have told us they have seen the following changes:
- consolidation of site locations
- removing desks to make room for an open plan space, in one example reducing 1,000 desks to 140
- more breakout/communal areas
- using booking systems in order to use what desks are being left in the office
- office space becoming a hub to meet for collaborations
How can we support you?
Our Logistics and Warehousing framework launched in October 2020 and is already helping the public sector with office relocations, removals and recycling. If you are about to redesign your office space to make room for people to safely collaborate in person, consolidate offices or remove furniture and equipment, then we are here to help you.
Why choose a framework?
- Compliant, cost effective and quick procurements underpinned by the Public Sector Contract (PSC)
- Pre-evaluated framework suppliers that includes regional and national SMEs together with larger global companies
- Offers a wide range of innovative products and services as well as tailored solutions
- Tried and tested methods for organisations to reach out to the market in order to determine the best solutions
- Our category teams can offer support and guidance around market capabilities, effective pricing structures and standardised contract terms
Social value matters
We place social value at the heart of our agreements and this first ever Logistics and Warehousing framework has suppliers carrying out the following:
- turning redundant office furniture into filler for packaging
- donating office furniture and equipment for charitable/good cause use
- recycle items that are at the end of their working life
- relocating redundant office equipment and furniture to employees homes, ensuring that items are not repurchased to enable employees to work from home
- supporting local food banks by providing labour, transport and storage services free of charge
To find out more information about the services offered under the framework, please visit our Logistics and Warehousing web page.
Alternatively, if you would like to speak to a category expert at CCS, please complete our short contact form and we will be in touch. You can also email us at email@example.com or call us at 0345 410 2222.
Latest News from
Crown Commercial Service
New ‘full lifecycle’ technology services agreement launched17/06/2021 12:20:00
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) has awarded the latest version of the Technology Services framework - with additional services and improved call-off terms.
The National Procurement Policy Statement – what you need to know15/06/2021 13:10:00
Cabinet Office has published a new National Procurement Policy Statement (NPPS) setting out the strategic priorities for public procurement, and how contracting authorities can support their delivery
Crown Commercial Service announces 3 year Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Oracle09/06/2021 13:05:00
We are delighted to announce that we have negotiated a 3 year MoU with cloud applications and infrastructure provider, Oracle.
All things to all people: exploring social value approaches in public procurement01/06/2021 12:20:00
Charlene Maginnis explains how the Government’s rules on social value are shaping the public sector’s buying decisions.
Helping the education sector avoid cyber attacks28/05/2021 14:33:00
With the recent increase in cyber attacks within the education sector, here are some top tips to avoid this happening to your school, college or university.
West Lothian College complete building extension against the clock thanks to Construction framework25/05/2021 12:33:00
Faced with a tight deadline, Crown Commercial Service helped the college to complete their extension project on time and within budget by using the Construction framework.
Crown Commercial Service launches new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Workday to help accelerate public sector innovation24/05/2021 10:43:00
CCS are pleased to announce that we have signed a new MoU with Workday, a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.
5 things businesses need to do to supply to the public sector21/05/2021 14:33:00
Do you want to supply goods or services to the public sector? Find out how your business can become a CCS supplier.