The trouble with contractors: how granting full system access is a security weakness
Blog posted by: Undisclosed CSO, 25 September 2017.
AXELOS' "Cyber Stories from the Frontline" brings to life the reality of cybercrime for organizations today and from the perspective of those who have first-hand experience
How often do we hear stories of how multi-national corporations have been hacked via third-party software that runs their air conditioning or a contractor that supplies their catering?
This is exactly what happened to one CSO in our real-life 'Cyber Stories from the Frontline' series of cyber security stories.
How can the account act as both a warning and a guide for other organizations as they look to keep control of cyber security while using third-party contractors?
In the third of our series, The Trouble with Contractors, we explore:
- How to handle a problematic part of your business: your contractors and their security practices.
- How a contractor has easier access to your systems than a “hacker” – you’ve given them full access already!
- What to do when a third-party supplier ‘goes rogue’ and warning signs are missed.
- The importance of looking beyond how you think a contract with a supplier will protect you.
- Why is crucial to know every contractor you’re working with, and especially those on the frontline.
- The systems and processes to put in place to ensure greater control of contractor privileges.
To find out what you can learn from this Cyber Story from the Frontline, download the full story, The trouble with contractors.
Read more Cyber Stories from the Frontline
Latest News from
The Future of IT Service Management22/02/2018 10:20:00
Blog poisted by: Adam McCullough – ITSM expert, 21 February 2018.
How to remain a visible project manager in your organization20/02/2018 10:20:00
Blog posted by: Marsha Dennis, senior consultant – Project and programme delivery, Capita Transformation Team, 19 February 2018.
Making complex projects more profitable and predictable19/02/2018 14:25:00
Blog poste by: Laurie Bowman, principal – project planning and control consultancy, Synchrony, 16 February 2018.
PRINCE2® templates – benefits management approach15/02/2018 09:20:00
Blog posted by: Mark Sutton – Change Manager, Yireh Ltd, 14 February 2018.