Office of the Secretary of State for Wales
UK Government delivers for Wales at Royal Welsh Show
- Also published by:
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Organisations from Wales and Whitehall to join forces on stand C221 during centenary event.
People and firms living, working and doing business in Wales will be able to find out about the many benefits and services available to them through UK Government schemes, as departments host their biggest ever showcase at the 100th Royal Welsh Show.
Under the theme of ‘Delivering for Wales,’ UK Government departments including the Office of the Secretary of State for Wales, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), DVLA, Department for International Development (DFID) and ONS will join forces on avenue C, stand 221 with a series of events, interactive activities and information about support for people at work and at home.
Secretary of State for Wales Alun Cairns yesterday said:
Across the UK and around the world, representatives from UK Government departments work tirelessly to provide all types of support to our citizens and aid in countries where it is desperately needed.
During a special year for the Royal Welsh Show, I’m delighted to see so many departments represented to raise awareness about the opportunities available to families, businesses and working people in all parts of Wales.
Environment Secretary, Michael Gove yesterday said:
It is a pleasure to be here at the 100th Royal Welsh Show, one of the biggest and best agricultural events of the year, in this beautiful part of Wales.
The Royal Welsh Show is a wonderful showcase for the quality of livestock, food and drink and farm produce in Wales and all the exhibitors here should be proud of their achievements. I am very much looking forward to exploring all that is on offer.
Highlights from the week include:
- Welsh Secretary Alun Cairns will be joined by Environment Secretary Michael Gove in meeting a number of farming and agricultural stakeholders.
On the UK Government’s stand:
- Kicking off the four-day event in Builth Wells, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Ministry of Defence and ONS will provide information about their work in Wales, including the upcoming Census in 2021.
Tuesday on the stand:
- Check you’re road safe with DVLA’s registration plate test.
- Come along to the ‘Food is GREAT’ panel discussion on Tuesday with famous Welsh food and drinks suppliers to gain support about taking your next steps on your exporting journey.
- In the afternoon the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) are holding a broadband advice session.
Wednesday on the stand:
- The Department for International Development will be showcasing the equipment used across the world to tackle challenges including poverty, disease, insecurity and conflict. Take part in the Halo Trust’s land mine removal activity and speak to representatives from Sure Chill, whose refrigeration technology is saving lives overseas.
Thursday on the stand:
- Ahead of Green Great Britain Week in November, join representatives from BEIS to find out how you and your business could benefit from the UK Government’s Industrial Strategy.
Latest News from
Office of the Secretary of State for Wales
Scheme for unaccompanied asylum-seeking children to be expanded07/12/2017 19:08:05
Home Office's National Transfer Scheme to be rolled out to Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Cash boost and fairer funding formula for farmers across the UK06/09/2019 16:12:00
Government announces new fairer allocation of farm funding across the UK , as farm budget is topped up with over £56 million until 2022.
£30m to spark rollout of next generation 5G in rural Wales and help countryside capitalise on tech revolution28/08/2019 10:15:00
New competition launched to test groundbreaking 5G applications in rural areas.
Cardiff’s new transport research network receives £1m UK Government cash boost to turn vehicles green27/08/2019 12:15:00
Crucial research into electric planes, hydrogen-fuelled vehicles and wireless charging points to receive £5m UK Government cash boost.
EU Exit: Advice for individuals and businesses in Wales23/08/2019 15:10:00
Use this page to navigate the latest guidance from across the UK Government ahead of the UK’s departure from the European Union
Delivering for Welsh-speaking Wales: UK Government launches bilingual communications guidance05/08/2019 15:15:15
Welsh Secretary announces new guidance at joint Eisteddfod event with Welsh Language Commissioner.
UK government transforming South Wales rail network22/07/2019 16:32:00
Up to £58 million to upgrade Cardiff Central Station.
Welsh Secretary promotes international property investment opportunities in Wales12/07/2019 15:15:15
UK Government launches Welsh property investment portfolio worth over £1 billion at Old Bailey event.