Department for International Development
UK-AIS COMMERCIAL DEALS
- Also published by:
- Department for International Trade
A summary of 27 commercial deals worth over £6.5bn from across the African markets invited to the UK-Africa Investment Summit.
We are announcing 27 deals worth over £6.5bn from across the African markets invited to this Summit and we are aware of further UK commercial investment into Africa that will be committed at the Summit.
The diverse and fast-growing economies of Africa offer huge potential to UK business. Over £36 billion worth of trade is already happening between the UK and Africa. The deals show how we are building on that to secure a lasting commercial partnership of mutual benefit. The UK’s world-leading expertise on finance, technology, innovation, and our commitment to clean growth make the UK and Africa natural partners for prosperity.
Deals between UK companies and their African partners include:
- Aggreko signed an £80m contact extension for energy provision in Cote D’Ivoire
- Airbus sold £80m of aircraft in Egypt
- Anglo-Tunisian Oil and Gas invest £26m in Tunisian gas assets.
- Aqua Africa win £26m export contract to supply solar powered water filtration systems in Ghana.
- Baker Hughes £306m export and investment of deep-sea equipment and scholarships in Mozambique
- BHM £80.3m work on the Tema-Aflao Road Project in Ghana.
- Bombardier’s £3,180m construction and operation of 2 monorail lines in Cairo.
- Contracta Construction UK win £120.5m export contract to upgrade Kumasi teaching hospital in Ghana.
- Contracta Construction UK win £40m export contract to develop Kumasi airport in Ghana.
- Diageo invest £167m to improved sustainability of breweries in Kenya & East Africa.
- Globeleq invest £50m to help build of Malindi photovoltaic solar park in Kenya.
- GSK invest £5m in Egypt to upgrade two production lines.
- Kefi Minerals invest £224m in a new gold mine and to develop local infrastructure in Kenya.
- Lagan Group win a £185 export contract for the construction of Kampala Industrial Business Park in Uganda.
- Lloyds Register invest £0.76m to set up operations in Mozambique.
- Low Energy Designs win an export contract to install street lighting for Oyo state in Nigeria.
- Matalan invest £25m to open 13 new outlets in Egypt.
- Moy Park to export £12m of frozen chicken to Angola.
- Nexus Green export £80m of solar powered water pumping systems for irrigation in Uganda.
- NMS Infrastructure invest £222m in the construction of 6 hospitals in Côte D’Ivoire.
- Rolls Royce purchase £50m of aircraft engines in Egypt.
- Savannah invest £315m in the acquisition and investment of ingas assets in Nigeria.
- Tex ATC install 5 Airport control room towers worth £2m in Nigeria.
- Trilliant install £5m of Smart Metering to Abuja DisCo In Nigeria.
- Tullow invest £1,200m in continued oil production in Kenya.
- Tyllium and Ellipse win an export contract worth £60m to provide 250 new beds for a general hospital in Koforidua in Ghana.
- Unatrac win a £1.5m export contract to supply machinery for Ugandan roads.
Latest News from
Department for International Development
UK to send emergency relief to Lebanon06/08/2020 15:12:00
Following the recent explosion at Beirut Port, the UK yesterday announced a package of emergency support to Lebanon.
Sir Philip Barton appointed as Permanent Under-Secretary of new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office04/08/2020 10:27:00
Sir Philip Barton has been appointed as the Permanent Under-Secretary of the new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
Liverpool scientists receive UK aid to save lives from deadly diseases29/07/2020 15:10:00
UK aid will help Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine research on preventing the spread of infectious diseases like tuberculosis.
UK aid funding available for innovative energy projects27/07/2020 10:05:00
The UK’s innovation agency, Innovate UK, is offering £20m of UK aid funding to develop and demonstrate innovative solutions for clean, affordable and secure energy access in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia or South East Asia.
UK calls for states to protect immunisation programmes alongside search for COVID-19 vaccine23/07/2020 16:22:00
At a virtual event, the UK urged United Nations members to protect vital immunisation programmes whilst also supporting the search for a coronavirus vaccine.
UK Government matches another £5 million of donations for coronavirus appeal after huge public response23/07/2020 15:10:00
Funds raised by the DEC appeal will support the work of the 14 leading UK charities, who are helping to stop the spread of the virus and saving lives in refugee camps.
UK Government doubles public donations to tackle coronavirus in vulnerable countries14/07/2020 12:10:00
The Disaster Emergency Committee has launched an appeal for donations to help the world’s most vulnerable through the coronavirus pandemic.
Angelina Jolie and UK call for support to protect education for refugee children13/07/2020 15:10:00
The UK has announced £5.3 million of new UK aid to support salaries of teachers in the world's poorest refugee-hosting countries.